Here in New Zealand, spring has arrived. Earlier in the week, we had horrendous winds for a day causing quite a bit of damage around the district, and igniting several fires from recent rural burn offs. Our first responders and emergency service personnel had a crazy day, and they did an amazing job to deal with everything happening. The supermarket across the road from my work had some windows blow in, how scary!
In a few weekends time our daylight savings hours start and hopefully the temperatures will warm up. It's been an incredibly cold winter this year, we've been through so much firewood over the past few months. But here's a cheery sign of spring, and I've noticed the neighbour's fruit trees all have blossom this week.
September means #samplerseptember is underway, and this month I've chosen to start two new samplers. First up, is Home on Quaker Lane by Brenda Gervais. I'm stitching this on 40 count Red Cedar linen by Cedar River Linens, and thread choice is DMC ecru.
The other new start I'll have is Amazing Grace by Brenda Gervais. I'm going to stitch this on 40 count Sandcastle linen by Fox and Rabbit.
I made a new patchwork project bag recently using some Sacre Bleu French General fabrics I purchased last year.
During a recent Friday after work finishing session, two Heart in Hand designs were fully finished:
The 2025 Collector's Heart
2025 Wee Santa, so cute!
I'm looking forward to stitching 2026's Santa, just love these every year.
Spring time here in Central Hawkes Bay also means the start of the CHB Spring Fling, with various events being held during September and October. This Saturday is one of my favourite events, the Spring Market, where there will be lots of stalls, food trucks and entertainment. I hope the weather holds out for it as the forecast is not looking too good later in the week. My niece Zoe and her Dad Marcus, my younger brother, are visiting this coming weekend, as are my cousin Donna and her boyfriend Jess, so it should be a fun but full on weekend!
See you soon xx
No comments:
Post a Comment