It's been a busy few weeks lately - with lots of winter sickness doing the rounds at my work, we've been very short staffed, meaning extra hours and jobs to fit into the day. Here in Hawkes Bay, we've had some very wintery weather, even a day where snow fell on parts of the region that it never does!
So there's been lots of stitching, knitting, and finally getting some pieces finally finished, very satisfying.
Stitched earlier in the year, Peace by Teresa Kogut, a Patreon ornament, stitched in 32 count Charcoal Belfast linen.
Also, stitched earlier in the year, Mill Hill Santa Holding Heart and Candy Cane Santa
From the Hands on Design's Patreon Club Merry Moments series, Sweets for Santa, stitched on 32 count Raw Belfast linen
A Vintage Rocker also by Hands on Design
I used some Lynette Anderson fabric for the backings
A favourite hat pattern to knit, made for a friend, with NZ Merino yarn
I also managed to finish the knitted socks, made for my sister in law.
Some gorgeous new patterns arrived in the mail, from All Threads in Australia, and Kitten Stitcher in the US - very excited to get these newer Brenda Gervais patterns, which we are unable to buy here in New Zealand.
Home on Quaker Lane is going to be my start for Sampler September, the Cedar River linen is a stunning colour.
During July, I stitched on a few ornaments and these will be made up soon,
From the Quilted Gingers Collection, Hands on Designs Patreon club, the Single Family Sawtooth chart was stitched on 32 count Up in the Attic linen by Fox and Rabbit.
Mrs Claus Stockings - Stitching with the Housewives
Mr Claus Gingerbread - Stitching with the Housewives
Now for some new starts - a friend is expecting a new baby at the start of 2027 so I started this sweet baby blanket pattern from Lisa F Designs last weekend.
Also started recently, Stitching Rules from Primrose Cottage Stitches, and for the fabric I'm using vintage grey Belfast linen.
I really like the new House Rules chart and other patterns in the series so look forward to these being released as pdf charts soon.
Lastly for today, I popped in to see my friend Andrea, who owns our local sewing shop, Curtis Fabrics, and she was absolutely thrilled to show me her newest treasure — a beautiful Singer Featherweight sewing machine.
No comments:
Post a Comment