Hello friends,
This week is the last week of the term for Hannah, then the school holidays start. We're now counting down the days until our family holiday. This year we are heading to the Sunshine Coast in Australia, a part of Australia we've not been to before. We are really looking forward to checking out the gorgeous beaches, some sight seeing, perhaps a visit to Australia Zoo, chill out time, and there might be some shopping :)
Also, some other news to share, we are closing down my husband's joinery business at the end of October. We've been in partnership with our friends for over 24 years, and the guys first started working together in the joinery factory as apprentices, straight out of school. But the time has come for the business to close, our friends are moving to another area of New Zealand and Glenn will move onto something new, nothing has been confirmed yet, but he is very excited for whatever opportunity might come his way. With Hannah heading to Napier next year for her beauty therapist's course, there's going to be lots of positive changes for our family in 2027.
So today I’ve got a handful of new projects to show, and some recently finished items. This month's stitching has been all over the place, as I knew I wanted to start a couple of new samplers for #samplerseptember, I've also had a bit of stitching I've been working on that I can't share just yet, and I've also got a few ornaments on the go.
Let's start with the finished things first:
This set of ornaments is from Cathy of Hands on Designs Merry Moments Collection:
Light the Way
Hark how the Bells
I stitched these all on 32 count natural Belfast linen with the recommended DMC threads, and used a selection of trims and Lynette Anderson Christmas fabrics for the finishing.
I've been wanting to stitch this Erin Elizabeth design for ages, Merry Stitchmas. Fabric is 36 count vintage mocha Belfast linen.
On Friday the threads I needed for my next sampler start arrived in the mail. so this was my Friday night project. Amazing Grace by Brenda Gervais, linen choice 40 count Sandcastle by Fox & Rabbit, recommended threads.
I also started another of Cathy's Patreon ornament club designs from the second collection, the Quilted Gingers, Cape Cod Cross Hatch
We had a family dinner catch up at the start of the month, and my lovely Mum had organised little birthday cakes for the special birthdays we had in our family earlier in the year. What a great surprise Hannah, Marcus and Zoe each got, and the cakes were divine!
Four years of joy, mischief, lots of river and beach walks, silly nonsense, snuggles, dog biscuits and treats, and fun! We are going to miss him so much while away but he'll be having the time of his life as our friends Bruce and Alison are going to be looking after him.
I'll be back in a few weeks, mid October, wow, how the months have been flying by this year.
See you soon xx
No comments:
Post a Comment