Thursday, March 05, 2020

February Round Up -Stitching, Books, TV and More

How did it get to be March so quickly - January and February certainly whizzed on by and now this week there's definitely a touch of autumn in the air. We're still having hot days, it was 30 +c here on Tuesday and then yesterday, along with some much needed rain, the temperature dropped to well under 20 c.  Last night it was the coolest night overnight we've had in months, making it so much easier to get a good night's sleep. I do love this time of the year.

I've been getting much more stitching done in the evenings compared to earlier in the year. As always, lots of projects on the go, and also, 2020's Christmas ornament stitching is well underway. Last week I pulled out my Merrily Merrily sampler and I wonder why I haven't stitched more on this beautiful design? I'm using the recommended threads and fabric.



Some new stitching stash arrived from 123 Stitch yesterday and as well as a bundle of charts I bought back in January with some Christmas money, I have so many lovely designs to stitch this year.  Of course, there will be lots of new charts coming out shortly once the Nashville Needlework market is over. I have already spotted several Brenda Gervais and the Scarlett House charts for my list and I can't wait to see what Blackbird Designs might be releasing.

Last weekend good friends of ours got married and although I can't share any photos of the bride and groom, here's a few pics from the day.



The wedding was held at a little country church and then followed by a sit down reception meal:




Such a lovely occasion for our friends, and it was wonderful to share in their special day.

Books:

Did you read anything interesting last month? I managed to read four different books:





If you follow me on instagram, you would have seen my reviews of these books and I also share my reviews on Goodreads as well.

Watching:

So, so many good series on Netflix, Neon and also our TVNZ On Demand.

A few I've enjoyed so far this year include: the Crown, the Witcher, the Stranger, Deep Water, Bancroft, World on Fire, the latest series of Vera, and my fav heroes from way back - Arrow, the Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, and the new Batwoman series.

There's a brand new Outlander Series 5 started and another fav, the Walking Dead is back on - I can only watch this during daylight hours, lol.

Glenn and I have also been sucked in to the latest Married at First Sight Australia, oh the drama!

It's hard to keep up some weeks!


Thanks for stopping by - see you soon xx


4 comments:

Needles Everywhere said...

Sampler is lovely....all of your photos are so engaging! I am definitely going to check out those books as I have not read anything very good lately.

butterfly said...

Love your sampler .
Your going into Autumn means we are going in to Spring .
Have a lovely week.

Kay said...

I am very much waiting to see what Blackbird designs show us in Nashville and then it will probably be bought for my Blackbird stash. My favourite books that I read recently were Three Things About Elsie by Joanna Cannon (a five star book for me on Goodreads) and also The Hunting Party by Lucy Foley (I love a good crime novel and it is quite rare that don't work out who did it and why but in this case I had no clue until it was literally revealing it all). x

Emma said...

I'm like you, I love the respite from the heat that autumn brings. Here's to those cooler mornings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...