Friday, November 15, 2019

October Books

October's reading pile were all books that I thoroughly enjoyed and probably stayed up far too late reading at night!

Tidelands by Philippa Gregory is the first in a new series, The Fairmile. I've been a Philippa Gregory fan for as long as I can remember, and so is my Mum. I purchased this for Mum for her birthday in August and I didn't have to wait long for Mum to pass it back to me. 

This book is set in the mid 1600's and is the story of Alinor, the mother of two children who has been abandoned by her fisherman husband. Alinor is a midwife, herbalist and living in poverty. I can't wait for more in this series.


Where the Light Enters by Sara Donati is a follow up to the previous novel the Gilded Hour. Taking place in the 1880's in  New York, the main characters are two trailing blazing female doctors, cousins Anna and Sophie. Not only is this a great family saga, reintroducing characters from Sara Donati's Into the Wilderness series, but there's also an intriguing murder and kidnapping to solve. Don't let the length of the book put you off, 650+ pages, it's a great read.


Candice Fox and James Patterson have teamed up again with this book, the Inn. The main character used to be detective and now runs an inn with a whole bunch of odd but interesting characters living there. A fast paced, enjoyable read.


The Things We Cannot Say by Kelly Rimmer I gave 5 out of 5 tear jerking stars - this is definitely one of my favourite books for 2019.  This has a dual story line, Alice in the present and  her grandmother Alina in late 1930's, early 1940's in Poland. This is a beautiful, but heartbreaking story.


What have you been reading lately?

See you soon xx

2 comments:

Leanne said...

I enjoyed Tidelands. Just brought via Audible - The Things We Cannot Say. - You are quite the enabler. XX

Pink Rose said...

Hi Katrina sounds like some great books you are reading there,hope your day is a good one my friend xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...