Monday, July 01, 2019

Jolly July & Cross Stitch Journal Update

The 1st of July is here, wow, half way through the year already!  We've had some very cold, frosty days for the past week but at least the sun is out and it almost warms up, lol.  

This week is the last week of the school term for Hannah, then the holidays start. We are getting excited at our house as our next family holiday is almost here - this time we are heading to the Gold Coast, Australia.  Our friends Rosie and Brendon, and their children are coming along too so we are all on the countdown to hopefully some sunshine and lots of fun!

Before I go on holiday, I'm planning to participate in Jolly July, have you heard about it?  Kimberly from the Fat Quarter Shop, Priscilla and Chelsea had this great idea to get a head start on their Christmas ornament stitching, picking 31 ornament starts for July.  You can read more about it here: 

I must be crazy as I've sorted out about 15 ornaments, all kitted ready to go. As you probably know, I do stitch ornaments all year round but this idea sounded like too much fun not to join in. 

I even made two new project bags!  I used some cute Lynette Anderson fabric I've had in my stash for ages.


I think the half the fun of these stitchalongs is the preparation - sorting out charts, finding threads and suitable fabric.



 I also spent some time this weekend getting my HP Sprocket printer set up and tried it out with a few pics for my new Cross Stitch Journal.


The photo paper has the option of removing the back so it can be turned into a sticker.


Making them the perfect size to stick into the journal.


Now I feel very organised!!

Thanks for stopping by and all the kind and lovely messages - have a happy week xx

See you soon xx

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Pretty project bags.
Love Lynette Anderson's fabrics.
Looks like you are all set for Jolly July, great choices.
That printer is too cute, and what a great idea to add a pic in your Journal.
Have a great week!
Marilyn

Andrea said...

Great project bags. Looks like you have some lovely ornaments to stitch.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...