Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Merry Christmas!

Two days until Christmas and there's one very excited little girl in this house!  We've been enjoying some true Kiwi summer weather over the past few days which has meant a lot of hanging out by the pool and barbeques :)

Later today I'm taking Hannah, Zoe and a friend to see Annie at the movies - this was one of my childhood favourite movies, I even had a little Annie doll, so it will be interesting to see what this remake is like. It looks like there's a few good movies coming out over the Christmas holidays and Mum and I have plans to go see the last in the Hobbit series too.

I don't think I shared a pic of this Christmas wall hanging, this was a kit by the Birdhouse.




Hannah and I had a lot of fun in the kitchen on Sunday morning, getting some more Christmas goodies made before it got too hot.

Christmas hedgehog slice, recipe here, candy cane chocolate cupcakes and reindeer gingerbread, recipe found here.

I finished all my gift stitching earlier in the month and even though I have plenty of projects waiting in my stitching basket, I couldn't resist starting this sweet Christmas Celebration Sampler by the Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery. The chart can be purchased here.  The fabric I'm using is 32ct Crystal Fossil by Picture This Plus.



A visit to the library yesterday to stock up on a bit of reading for the next few weeks - we might be heading away for a few days after New Year's and then I'm taking the girls away for few days to Palmerston North when Glenn heads back to work so here's hoping there's going to be plenty of quality reading time!



Well, that's it from me until after Christmas! I wish you a very Merry Christmas with your family and friends, filled with lots of happy times, laughter and yummy food too!  Thank you for friendship during 2014, and for stopping by here. Take care and all the best for the festive season!

Merry Christmas!

Katrina xx

10 comments:

Julie said...

That's a good looking book pile. Love those reindeer biscuits. Hubby and my 2 kids enjoyed the Hobbit. Safe travels.

Ranae said...

Everything looks good and yummy

Jennifer M. said...

Cute wall hanging and lovely new start. Those goodies look yummy. Enjoy your holidays. :)

Jutta said...

Oh, what a lovely post!!! Merry Christmas and enjoy your holidays!!!
Jutta

Anu said...

Your wall hanging is beautiful and all those Christmas goodies make my mouth water!! Merry Christmas and enjoy your holidays!
Anu

Carol said...

I well remember the excitement of an upcoming Christmas with young children in the home, Katrina--enjoy those times with Hannah!! Love your wallhanging and all your baking. Looks like you have some great reading material, too!

Merry Christmas!

Wendy said...

Your stitching is beautiful and I love your new Christmas cross stitch. Yummy baking too! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas. xx

Ruth said...

Ooo, love the stitching and the goodies. Hmm, you are making me wonder if there are any snacks around here..... and if there are any cute Christmas patterns I can start stitching on. This is potentially not a good thing.

Have a very Merry Christmas with your excited little one!

Sharon said...

Merry Christmas to you and you family!

Andrea said...

Beautiful wall hanging.

Have a very happy Christmas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...