Friday, December 19, 2014

Jingly Dangly Things

Today is the first day of my summer holiday break, wahoo! I can't tell you how much I've been looking forward to the next few weeks.

We're almost all set for Christmas now too - most of the shopping has been done and pressies all wrapped. This year we'll be spending Christmas morning with my parents, then a visit to Glenn's parents and then it's back to ours for a big family get together. It's been several years since we had everyone at home on Christmas Day.  There'll be about 25 of us all together and we'll be having the traditional Kiwi Christmas meal - ham, roast pork, chicken, potatoes freshly dug from my Dad's garden, and lots of different salads. Dessert will of course include pavlova! yum!

I had a lot of fun stitching this set of redwork ornaments from Annie Smith Designs, formerly Country Keepsakes. I've made these for friends and family.





I used a mixture of various red DMC threads on these.

See you soon x

12 comments:

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Those ornaments are beautiful--what a treasure to enjoy for the holiday season

Irene said...

sono bellissimi!

Angela said...

Lovely finishes!

sigisart said...

Dear Katrina,
just lovely!!!
Hugs
sigisart

Raewyn said...

Very sweet ornaments, Katrina. I love your wee crocheted stars from your previous post as well :-)

Julie said...

Beautiful work once again. Wishing you and your family a safe and merry Christmas.

Carol said...

Oh, they are so cheery--just lovely, Katrina :)

Maggee said...

Cute little Jingly Dangly ornaments! When you said summer break I paused to try and imagine Christmas and summer for me, at the same time. It is so foreign a thought... it stretches my brain to think about it! Enjoy your time off! Hugs!

Andrea said...

Wonderful stitching. It sounds so weird you saying summer holiday and Christmas virtually in one sentence!

Unknown said...

Where can I buy this pattern??? Just love it and would be wonderful for my ornament party? Does anyone know where I can get it or have one to share?

Karen said...

I would also love to purchase the pattern. They are so cute!!

Unknown said...

These are gorgeous! Where could I buy the pattern?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...