Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Let the Holidays Begin!

My "almost" two week holiday break officially started yesterday at 4pm- wahoo! I'm at home today, doing some housework and packing my suitcase, and some other catch up jobs, then tomorrow Mum and I leave to fly to Melbourne in Australia! We have a small flight first - from Napier to Wellington, and then we catch our flight at 3.30pm Wednesday afternoon. Its only four hours so we arrive in at 5.30pm aussie time. Mum spoke to my uncle last night who mentioned that its very warm there at the moment, sounds good to me!

Last night I received a text from Anne, the wonders of modern technology, as we're going to arrange to meet up one day (once I've found out what our family over there have planned for us) Look forward to seeing you soon Anne!

An order arrived yesterday from Elegant Stitch, what perfect timing, containing a few new charts and the Little House Needleworks/Crescent Colours Breast Cancer kit, Where there is Life. I couldn't resist and made a small start on it last night and this will go into my stitching bag along with LHN Pear. Also in the order were a couple of Blackbird Designs charts and a Wendy KC Design I've admired on several other blogs lately,

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I've had a small finish this week too, a non-exchange one, lol, so I can share a pic, here's the Christmas Elf Fairy, which I finished the beading on last night. It was a lovely stitch and I'm already looking forward to having her framed to have out at Christmas time.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Mirabilia Christmas Elf Fairy, stitched on 32ct natural linen using Crescent Colour threads.

I will offline now until the 1st October so will catch up with you all sometime after then. Take care everyone!

23 comments:

Nicki said...

Have a great time in Melbourne! Give Anne a hug from me :)

Lovely new stash too!

Leah said...

Your Christmas Fairy is lovely!

Have a nice vacation!!

Anita said...

Have a grat time and I know you
will have a wonderful time with
Anne. Hurry back and tell us
about your trip.

Carol said...

Vacation! How exciting :-) Your Christmas Fairy Elf is lovely! Congratulations! You stitched her up so quickly!!!

Margaret said...

Christmas Fairy is beautiful.
Have a wonderful vacation. Look forward to hearing all about it after Oct. 1.
Margaret

Kitty Couture said...

Have a great holiday, Katrina!! :)
Love your Christmas Elf, what a beautiful piece!

Unknown said...

Beautiful finish! Have a fantastic trip!

Karoline said...

Have a lovely holiday, have fun with Anne.
Your Christmas fairy is lovely

Jenn said...

Have a great time on your vacation. Your elf came out great.

Margie said...

Have a wonderful vacation!

Lisa said...

Have a great vacation! And the Fairy is beautiful!

Andrea said...

Have a great time Katrina. Christmas Fairy is wonderful as is your new stash. :)
Take care. x

Cathy B said...

Katrina,

Have a wonderful holiday! Great stash additions too. When you return you will have to send me your address and I'll send you some of the fabric that Wendy used for Bees Garden (I bought 3 yards of it and have been sharing!)

CindyMae said...

Hope you have a wonderful holiday! I am sure your trip will be tons of fun!

Mirabilia Christmas Elf Fairy is just awesome! You done a fantastic job on her!!!

Wendy said...

Have a wonderful vacation! And congrats on your lovely Christmas Elf finish - she's so sweet!

Susimac said...

Have a lovely time. Your Christmas fairy is beautiful. Love your new stash too.

Meari said...

Great stash haul. Have a wonderful time on your trip. Your elf fairy is really cute.

stitcherw said...

Christmas Elf Fairy is lovely, what a beautiful finish.

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Have a wonderful holiday, and a fabulous time in Melbourne (where I grew up)

Lisa said...

Your little Christmas Elf took my breath away. She is stunning! Have fun on your holiday. :)

Kathy said...

Have a great holiday. Your Christmas Elf Fairy looks great, what a lovely finish.

Hugs xxxxx

lena-lou said...

Nice finish on Fairy Elf, my Mum is doing her and I hope to nab her chart when she's done :-)
Enjoy your holiday!!

Von said...

Have a wonderful vacation!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...