Monday, May 22, 2006

Its Monday again..

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Stitching on 28ct light mocha quaker linen with GAST and DMC threads.

I decided on Friday to make a start on the wedding sampler, Bent Creek's I Do, for our friends, so I can get it off to my friend J to be framed in plenty of time. Our friends are actually getting married for the second time in Ireland, as they were married last year here in New Zealand but only in the presence of their parents. So this 2nd wedding is the "whole works". Glenn and I were invited to go, which would have been wonderful but knew that we wouldn't be able to manage to, especially having recently spent all the money on our own wedding.

So did you have a good weekend, hope so:) The weather here was absolutely beautiful, blue sky with not a cloud to be seen. I just love autumn days like this, especially as I was able to get out for a long walk on Saturday afternoon. I had a lovely catch up chat on the phone with Kath on Saturday night, and Kath has invited us to go and stay for the weekend in early June. I'm already looking forward to it:)

While going through some photo files in order to update my webshots album yesterday afternoon I found a pic of the Shepherd's Bush stocking that I finished way back in February. I have since added the charms and just need to make it into a stocking for my niece Zoe.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Stitching plans for the next few days include finishing the wedding sampler and then some more on the Stitching Leporello.

12 comments:

Running Kiwi said...

Great stitching, as always! ... I'll be looking forward to seeing you in June :)

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Both of your pieces look wonderful! I don't think I have ever seen that Bent Creek Wedding sampler. It is cute.

Kitty Couture said...

Lovely stitching, Katrina, as always! Love your SB stocking :) Have a good week! :)

Maree said...

Lovely work; the wedding sampler is going to be very cute!

Karoline said...

Both pieces are lovely Katrina

Myrna said...

BC Wedding is going to look great. I don't think I've seen that one.

Thanks for your comment. I'll look forward to the second weekend in June to stitch a needleroll with you all... Now I just have to pick one from my stash!

Have a great week!

Von said...

I'm getting a few blogs read while on my long weekend vacation to Lake Chelan! So, yes! I'm still having a great weekend, lol!
Really enjoyed seeing all your stitching as always, Katrina.

Cathy B said...

Happy Monday to you too! Your stitching is lovely as always. Zoe will absolutley love that stocking I'm sure!

Lisa said...

That will be a really nice wedding gift. I love the colors in the stocking! So unusual for Christmas, too.

I finished my needleroll if you want to scoot over and take a look. :)

lobea2004 said...

Katrina, your stitching is always lovely. I love all your works. It'd have been wonderful to go to Ireland for the wedding. I fell in love with Ireland. Have a nice week!

Sharon said...

Beautiful stocking! Your niece will love it!

Sari (saristitching) said...

Just great stitches! I love your kitten pillows!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...