Thursday, July 14, 2005

Fabric Choices

Yesterday I mentioned that I'd been browsing for fabrics - well, I've made some selections:

Titania - Silkweaver's Ametrine
Enchanted Mermaid - Silkweaver's Royal Shimmer
Celtic Winter - Silkweaver's Perwinkle Prism
Fairy Roses - Ametrine again, or perhaps SMF's Serendipity

I'll place an order in the next week or so for these as well as a few threads, beads and braids to finish kitting them up.

Tonight I'll be finishing up the beading on Emmy and hopefully move onto the backstitching, a happy dance is in sight. I didn't get as much done on it like I planned last night as Glenn has bought a new cell phone, a Samsung, and needed a bit of help getting it up and running, numbers put into address book, etc. I asked him if he'd like to swap phones (I've only had mine a few months) as I really like his and no, not a chance of that happening, lol.

I stopped by the bookshop today during my lunchbreak and picked up this really cute Anne Geddes notebook which I plan to use as a new 'cross stitch supplies needed' book - my other one is getting a bit tatty and there's only 1 or 2 spare pages left. Its small enough to carry around in my handbag too.

I've been meaning to mention about seeing a couple of great movies recently too. Last week I went to see Herbie Fully Loaded. Really enjoyable, lots of laughs and a bit sad too. If you ever watched the earlier Herbie movies, you've got to see this one. On Monday night I toook my cousin to see Batman Begins . Both us of thought this one was awesome, but then Christian Bale is so easy on the eye, lol. I'm hoping to get to War of the Worlds and 5 Children & It next week.

Only two more days and the new Harry Potter is out, 11.01am Saturday morning our time (Friday night for US readers) its at the local bookshop. I'm over half way thru the 4th in the series for about, oh, the 4th time, lol, and would really like to re read #5 before starting the new one. The temptation might be too much!

5 comments:

Cathy said...

I am the same way with the Harry Potter books. I have read them each four or five times. I see that you're reading a Jodi Piccoult book. I read Second Glance by her, and it was excellent.

Carol said...

Oooo, I love your fabric choices :-) I am dying to see Herbie Rides Again (though we usually just wait and get the DVD when we know we will like a movie). I am just old enough to be able to say I went to see the original Love Bug movie at the theater on my birthday... I must have been about 7 then.... shows how old I am getting now :-)

Danielle said...

I have my Harry Potter on order and it is due to be delivered Saturday sometime!! I am in the middle of a library book that is due back very soon, though, so I won't be able to start it right off. I would like to reread them all in sequence again as well.

Kiwi Jo said...

Love your cushion finishes Katrina and the choices you have made for your new projects. Thanks for the offer to send me NZ fabric :) My Mum and sister are pretty good at keeping me supplied with NZ goodies but I'll keep you in mind if they slacken off!

Kathy said...

What lovely cushions Katrina, and I love the fabrics that you have chosen to buy, they are lovely.

hugs xxxxxxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...