Friday, June 17, 2005

Ooo La La - a Happy Dance

Last night I put the final stitches into Atelier de Brodeuse - the Stitching Room, a kit by french designer Au Fil des Reves. This was a pleasure to stitch and I have to say a special thanks to Karen V for enabling me on this kit!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This was also the first time I have stitched on 40 count, so that was an interesting experience. I'm not about how I'll finish this - I'd like to frame it but I would also like to have a go at hemstitching the edges on it and then place onto a framed mat - that sounds double dutch I know! LOL.

Next on the agenda is my ornament for June, Hope by M Designs. I actually made a start on it last month so I should have it done over the next few nights. This one is going to be for Glenn's mum.

Speaking of ornaments, have you seen that Needlecraft Corner have a pic up on their site of this year's Just Cross Stitch ornaments magazine? I'll be definately putting in a pre-order for this one soon - looks like there is some great ornies for this year. Its one of my yearly stitching highlights, getting the magazine in the post each September. I usually then spend hours reading it, writing up supply lists and which are "must do straight away" ornies.

And I have a bad clickie finger - I gave into Stitching Bits and Bob's current sale and placed an order for a couple of charts and some 28's Piecemaker needles. All of a sudden all my needles seem to have disappeared! I ordered Celtic Winter, Pretty in Pink and Sampler Girls - all of which have been on my wish list for a few weeks after spotting links on Carol's blog!

Looks like its going to be fairly busy weekend for Glenn and I. I'm meeting Glenn after he finishes work today to have drinks and dinner with some friends, then Saturday morning Glenn is working and I'll be there too as its time to get everything in order for the accountant. I've promised my Mum I'll help her with a couple of things Saturday afternoon so that will then leave Sunday to fit in the usual housework, washing and the grocery shopping, and of course, several hours of stitching.

6 comments:

Kiwi Jo said...

It's dangerous visiting Carol and Karen's blogs isn't it! Have a great weekend.

Danielle said...

I love your Atelier finish! I keep seeing it, and now I think I am going to have to cave in and get it too! I love the Sampler Girls Chart--I am going to have to put that on the wish list as well! --Looking forward to seeing how you finish it!

Carol said...

Love your Au fil des reves design! I got that chart from Karen in a trade :-) All I need is a button of my choice and I can zip it along - well, someday, at least! Oops, sorry to have enabled you into spending more money! By the way, as soon as I find that ball of perle cotton for JN's Love Letter Lessons, I will be sending you some! I am sure I know where it is, in general, just have to get a cool enough day here to dig for it for us :-) I want you to know I did not forget you!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Katrina, another fantastic HD! That didn't take you long at all!!!!

Shantti said...

Really cute! congratulations:-)

Kitty Couture said...

It is so pretty! And congratulations on being praised by Sylvie herself! Wow! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...