Sunday, January 30, 2005

Stitching Blogger's Question

Renee from Stitched with Love and Cat Hair has taken on the Stitching Blogger's Question and here is the first one.

Do you frame your cross stitch yourself or do you take it to a professional
framer? Why?


Ever since I started stitching I have always taken my stitching into be framed professionally. Although some of the pieces I have done have cost me the earth, lol, I figure that I've spent all those long hours working on them, and would like to think that by having them framed professionally they are going to be around for many years and perhaps become family hierlooms one day. Several years ago a good friend of mine, who happens to be a stitcher, started a framing business with her husband so now she does all my work for me. I have framed some of my work myself after being shown how to lace the stitching correctly.


In your opinion, what are the advantages and/or disadvantages of putting
your work behind glass when you frame it?


I always choose to have glass put in my framed work and for several years now have gone with a matte finish to the glass - no reflections. In saying that I also have several small pieces that don't have glass in them. These pieces have a piece of wadding behind the stitching to give the picture depth and they look great. I have several stitching friends that choose not to have glass in their work.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...