Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Latest Happenings

Hello friends, I'm so happy as we're having some perfect winter days right now, very frosty in the mornings to start the day. It was - 1 c when I left for work this morning, and then a day of sunshine follows.  Soon we will notice the turn towards spring, as we are now over half way through our winter months.

I have all the things on the go right now, and some days wish there were more hours in the day for all the crafty happenings!   My lunch break knitting project, socks for my sister in law, are progressing well, one sock down, and half of one to go. I've hopefully managed to match up the stripes up on both too.

The Summer Vintage blanket is finished now - I loved making this, my first crochet blanket in quite a few years.  I purchased the yarn from the Wool Warehouse in the UK and the pattern by Amanda Hurrell, Eight by Six on Instagram, can be found as a free download on the website. I missed one colours, Buttercup, when I placed my order, so adjusted some of the rows, and I completed the border as suggested, using the different colours in the rounds.  



This going to be perfect to have in our campervan, as its very light weight and not too big in size.

As I mentioned last time, we recently had a long weekend to enjoy, with the Friday being a public holiday for Matariki here in New Zealand.  Glenn and I spent the Saturday in Hastings doing some shopping, and then to Havelock North, where we visited our friends.  They are having some new laundry cabinets made by Glenn so he needed to check out the space and get measurements. We then enjoyed lunch out at a very popular restaurant, Off the Track, which was delicious, and so busy that particular day, over 240 people were there! 

I snapped this photo on the way home, after the horrendous weather earlier in the week, it turned out to be a lovely day.


Our friends cutie pie wee dog, Bee, she is so sweet. 


No wonder it was cold last week, fresh snow on the Ruahine Ranges, this photo taken at the end of our drive way. 



This week, Whittakers, released a new novelty chocolate, Gumdrop.  It's pretty good, and reminds me of a childhood favourite ice cream, Tip Top Goody Goody Gumdrops, and yes, it's actually green :)



The school holiday break has finished so Hannah is back to high school for her very last full term of school, Term 3.  Diesel enjoyed hanging out with Hannah over the past two weeks, lots of snuggles together.


We try and get out walking with Diesel as often as we can, and this past Sunday was fairly warm while I walked him by the river. We are fortunate to have several good limestone tracks to pick from, only a few minutes drive from home, and they are very popular with other walkers and cyclists.



Diesel turned four on Sunday, can you believe it - he's the best good boy, he brings us so much fun and laughter.


Have a fun week, see you soon xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...