Tuesday, July 02, 2024

And just like that, it's July

How did it get to be July already, the last few weeks seem to have just whizzed by and here in New Zealand we're now fully into winter with some chilly days but also sunny days which help to keep the winter blues away.

I'm getting through my pile of stitching to be finished ever so slowly, ha ha.  This design by Primrose Cottage Stitches was my choice for April's ornament.



Then for May, I chose Winter Blessings by Plum Street Samplers.




Each week I pick one of my sampler projects out of my stitching basket to focus on, and then over the weekend I'll pick up something "small" to stitch on. Lately it's been these cute designs by Satsuma Street, Lolly Claus and Candy Claus.

 

They have been a lot of fun to stitch, I haven't stitched anything on perforated paper for a long time. I have several others in the series to stitch over the coming months.

Finally, I finished these socks which I'm pretty sure have been on the go for over two years! The yarn is by Mondim and I used the Basic 4ply Sock knitting pattern by Christine from Winwick Mum. 


My knitting mojo has well and truly returned as I've also been doing some knitting for a friend having a baby in August.

We try and get out walking with Diesel as often as we can, and this past Sunday was fairly warm while we walked by the river. We have several good tracks to pick from.







Of course, Diesel doesn't hesitate to jump straight in the water! 


This was my recently pile of library reserves. I've been reading a lot lately, taking my book to read during my lunch break, otherwise I'd have my lunch and go back straight to work.  


Have you read anything good lately?

Now I'm off to kit up one or two new projects for Jolly July, have a happy week.
See you soon x

2 comments:

Winwick Mum said...

Your socks look fabulous, I'm glad you finished them - and what a great name your lovely dog has too! :) xx

Marilyn said...

Very nice finishes, & the Satsuma Street are so cute.
Pretty socks also.
Marilyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...