Wednesday, June 12, 2024

World Knit in Public Day and more

Last Saturday morning I went to our local library for Worldwide Knit in Public day.

My friends Clare and Sonia came along too and we had a lovely morning chatting and knitting away, and meeting some new friends.




Our library is a wonderful space, it's way more than a library with lots of other services operating from there and activities happening. The staff that work there are amazing, always so chatty and friendly and they go out of their way to be helpful.  We do have two libraries in our small district, the other one ten minutes away is just as amazing, I love going there too.  

And the great thing about Saturday? I've joined a new knitting group, how fun! We're going to meet up monthly on a Saturday morning.

Now for some recent finishing and stitching.

Cup of Cheer by Brenda Gervais was stitched earlier in the year, it was started during my summer holidays. 


I used the recommended threads and 32 count Flax linen, natural ric rac for the trim.


Next up are some recent ornament finishes.

Mistletoe Kisses by Erica Michaels, this design has been kitted and in my stitching bag for quite some time. Stitched on 32 count vintage mocha linen with the recommended threads.


From Country Cottage Needleworks Pastel Ornaments Collection, Christmas Bird. I used the recommended threads and 32 count cream linen.


This year's Prairie Schooler Santa  - I loved stitching this, recommended threads and 36 count vintage mocha linen.



Have a happy week, see you soon x

3 comments:

butterfly said...

Lovely ornaments, you are doing so well for Christmas already.
Oh I love the knitter and natter ladies here to.
Enjoy a wonderful week hugs June.

Marilyn said...

Very nice finishes.
Marilyn

Terri said...

Beautiful stitching and finishing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...