Wednesday, April 24, 2024

April update

The past few weeks have just flown by! Earlier in the month I celebrated my 50th birthday and what a wonderful day I had, or week I should say, as the celebrations were happening all week long! 

A family dinner, catching up with everyone was so lovely and we had such a fun night together. 


Love this photo of Hannah and I with my gorgeous nieces. 




I was totally spoilt by my work friends, not only did they surprise me with a very delicious morning tea, where some of my family also came along, they gifted me a Pandora necklace and charm. 


This fun chocolate board, hilarious. 




We enjoyed dinner out at our favourite local Indian restaurant.



Another wonderful little party with some family and my dear stitching friends. 
Hannah loved catching up with her young cousins, Logan, is about to turn 1 year old. 


I was completely overwhelmed when my lovely friends Kath and Wendy presented me with this wonderful quilt! I absolutely love it and its going to be well used this winter. 



Super happy as my cousin Donna came too, we hadn't seen each other in ages.



I'm so grateful for all the lovely birthday celebrations, and to my family and friends for making it all so special. 

Now for a stitching update - there's been lots going on but not a lot of time lately to get some things fully finished, soon I hope!

I really enjoyed stitching Valentine's Quaker by Primrose Cottage. Stitched on 32 count white linen with Classic Colourworks Ripe Melon thread.



My other recent fully finished project is Wilhelmina by Fox & Rabbit. Stitched on 36 count vintage mocha linen with recommended threads. 


As I have several samplers on the go right now, I'm trying to get some decent stitching done on each one. Most weeks I pull one out and will stitch on it for several evenings. This week's sampler, Oh Joyous Day, hasn't been stitched on in ages, such a lovely design.




I think that's everything up to date for now. This coming weekend is a long weekend for us, tomorrow we commemorate ANZAC day, then on Friday Glenn and I are both taking leave to spend the day with Hannah as its school holidays right now. I think we're heading to Napier for the day.

See you soon x



5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Happy Birthday!!
It looks like you had a great time with great gifts.
Cute finishes,
Marilyn

Julie said...

Belated Birthday wishes Katrina. 50 is super special! It looks like you had a wonderful time celebrating your birthday & that chocolate board is just so darn amazing! I read it right through. xx

butterfly said...

Happy Birthday , looks like a great time was had by all.
Lovely stitching hugs June.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Looks like you were celebrated well!

Mylene said...

Belated Happy Birthday Katrina. Looks like you all had fun and precious pictures with family and friends.
Beautiful finishes and great projects on the go.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...