Monday, February 19, 2024

Weekend things

Hello friends, I hope you enjoyed your weekend. I spent a few hours on Saturday morning with a friend as we browsed a local market - there were over 60 stalls, lots of food vendors and entertainment. There was also a Highland dancing competition and a sevens rugby competition all happening in the same area so our little town was busy!  The rest of the weekend was spent gardening, in the swimming pool as it was so hot, and catching up with friends.

Last week I had a spur of the moment start, and then finish a few days later - Valentine's Day Quaker by Primrose Cottage. 


I used 32 count white belfast linen and Classic Colorworks Ripe Melon.


I love that you can purchase these designs as pdf charts. I've also purchased the Winter and Christmas Quaker, and Sip Stitch Repeat patterns as well. 


What else for today - my current books to read, I've been reading a lot lately, and have had a few library reserves come in. I've been enjoying several books by Sarah J Maas, I've never been much of a fantasy reader but that has changed with these series. 


We enjoyed a couple of nights at Pourere Beach recently, the weather was pretty good, and it was lovely to get back out there, only a 45 minute trip from home.




Whittakers, my favourite NZ chocolate company, have released a new limited edition chocolate block, and of course I had to try it. It's a bit different, I do quite like the hint of orange in it.

It's been awhile since I did any baking so I enjoyed making some blueberry muffins and savoury scones the other day. 





Glenn was able to get more house painting done before it got to hot, he's now completed this wall outside our bathroom and laundry. Very happy with the colour we picked out.

Have a wonderful week, See you soon x

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Valentine Quaker is so pretty, love their designs.
Mmmm, the baking looks delicious!
Great color for the house.
Marilyn

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your Valentine Day Quaker is adorable! I just love that one!

I'm not a fantasy/dystopian reader either but I love Sarah J. Maas too. I've also read Fourth Wing and it is good too!

butterfly said...

Love the new Valentine stitch , looks great.
Yummy cooking , looks like you have had some nice trips .
Enjoy the rest of your Summer , our Spring is knocking our door,
Thank goodness I love Spring .Hugs June,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...