Thursday, February 15, 2024

Time for a WIP Parade

Hello friends, recently I decided to get out all my projects and have an ironing session so I can share a WIP Parade. Loading up these photos, I've realised I didn't get a current progress pic of the Shepherd's Bush stocking I have on the go, Martha. It's been awhile since I lasted stitched on it but will share an update another time.

First up, is a new start I had during my summer holidays, Christmas Parade by Cottage Garden Samplings. Featuring Santa and his forest friends, I couldn't resist this design.  I'm using 32 count Fossil Fox & Rabbit linen and the recommended threads. I had so much trouble stitching Santa's beard, I had to restitch parts of it several times!

Another start I had in early December, The Light of Winter by Brenda Gervais. Stitching on 36 count Ballet Slippers by Fox & Rabbit using the recommended threads. Sadly, I haven't picked this up since so must get back to it one day soon.


Humming of the Bees by Blackbird Designs, started September 2022, stitching on 36 count vintage mocha Belfast linen, using recommended threads, another project I haven't worked on for ages.


Next up, Plum Street Samplers This Happy Morning, which was one of my birthday starts last April. This washed out photo is not really showing the colour of the linen correctly, which is 36 count Black Swan by Fox & Rabbit, using the recommended threads.

Oh Joyous Day by Blackbird Designs, started way back in September 2020, a stitch along with my friends Clare and Nicki, the fabric is 36 count Wren by Picture this Plus and using the recommended threads.


Winter Rose Manor by Brenda Gervais, also stitched on 36 count Wren by Picture this Plus, not too much to go now but why did I leave all the house stitching til last??

Merrily Merrily We Welcome Spring, fabric is 36 count Oaken linen by Picture this Plus. This has been on the go for a couple of years now.

Kringles by Little House Needleworks, started in 2020 during our first Covid lockdown, this has been quite neglected but I pull this out every now and then. Stitched on 32 count smokey white Belfast linen.

Wilhemina by Fox & Rabbit, which was a Patreon club chart last year, I'll try and finish this before this Easter. This chart is being released for the Nashville Market.



I also have the 2023 Tiny Modernist mystery Christmas stitch along on the go to, which I'll have an update for next time.  

Two other projects from my stitching basket, I've decided not to continue with so both have been "let go" - that felt good as I know I'm not interested in stitching the designs anymore.  

Do you have any stitching goals or plans for 2024? Are there any charts you are looking forward to being released during the Nashville Market? 

See you soon x

4 comments:

Julie said...

Everything you are working on is just beautiful Katrina ... but I think the wee rabbit in the last picture just captured my heart 💗 xx

butterfly said...

You have been busy and have some lovely work in progress .
Have a great week hugs June.

Marilyn said...

Very pretty projects.
Yes, if you're not enjoying it, let it go, stitching is supposed to be fun, not a chore.
I am trying to finish a few WIPS that I have.
Marilyn

Mary said...

Wow! Your projects and progress is all so pretty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...