Wednesday, July 28, 2021

New Goodies & a Jolly July update

Back to reality this week after my annual leave break and trip to Christchurch with Hannah for her week at dancing school. I'll pop some photos of our trip in a separate post - we had a wonderful time away with the other dancers and their Mum's.

One of the places on my list to visit was Art & Frame in Riccarton. They are predominately an art and framing shop but have a fantastic selection of stitching charts, fabrics and threads, which they are slowly building up. Of course I had to get a couple of new goodies to take home!




It was really great to see some of the colours of Zweigart fabrics I hadn't seen before, and this piece of Limestone is a gorgeous colour, I think I'll have to track some more down. I was so happy to see the Flamingo Toe needle minders, I could have spent all my money on these, so cute!

Art and Frame also had several Drawn Threads patterns stitched and on display, and my friend with me, Sonia, was able to purchase several of the patterns from her wish list.

I'm not sure why but my stitching in July has slowed right down and even though I've had the time, I've had the "can't be bothereds" and have been heading to bed earlier in the evenings, when usually I'd get some good stitching done. Oh well, it is winter I guess.  I think I'll continue with my Jolly July plans into August, trying to get a few projects ticked off the list.

I've been purchasing these cute Dapper Doodads charts each week from Stitching with the Housewives (Priscilla and Chelsea) and I'll be stitching these too.




More progress on the Lois stocking, so enjoying these stocking projects.




See you soon xx

3 comments:

butterfly said...

What lovely goodies and stitching .
Always love popping over to your blog .
Enjoy your week.

Marilyn said...

Great stash!
Love those Shepherd's Bush stockings.
Marilyn

PAM said...

I'm pleased it's not just me with the 'can be bothereds', just can't seem to find my sewing mojo at the moment. Some knitting getting done but not much else.
Love your new goodies, you pick the loveliest of patterns.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...