Thursday, June 03, 2021

A Stitching Round Up

This week you can tell winter is well and truly here in New Zealand. After some miserable bleak weather last weekend, the winter sun has been out and we've had a few mornings with good frosts and chilly starts but then a day of sunshine follows.

This coming weekend we get an extra day off work for the Queen's Birthday public holiday on Monday, and after having spent the past few weekends helping with my in law's move to their newly built house, an extra day at home will be great to catch up on some home jobs and maybe even some sewing time.



Lately I've been enjoying having the diffuser going in the living area. Earlier in the week I bought a new synergy blend from the local health shop. Called Stress Relief, it has bergamot, ylang ylang, patchouli, orange sweet and lavender, and smells so divine. Most of the oils I use are made locally by Lotus Oils



Onto a stitching update:


I'm so enjoying stitching the Flea Market Flowers design, the colours are so pretty.  



I pulled out a 2020 Stitchmaynia project last weekend to stitch and made some good progress on All Joys for Thine.


Sew by Row is coming along too:


Last week I finished the Last Ripe Berries by Blackbird Designs

Stitched using the recommended fabric and threads:


I've also stitched more on My To Do list:



I've also got a new knitting project on the go, having finally finished the pair of socks that have been on the go since January 2020! A friend from work has a new grand daughter so I've started a little baby cardigan and will match it with a hat and booties too.  

Have you started any new projects lately? 

See you soon xx

6 comments:

~Laurie~ said...

Hello! I tend to forget how talented you are when I just read the short blurbs on BlogLovin rather than visit your blog. I am thrilled each time I come to visit you on your blog. Your stitching is heaven to look at. I especially liked the Flea Market Design stitching. The colors are so pretty!
It’s coming into summer here in West Texas USA. The temps get into the hundreds during July and August - so NOT looking forward to that. But most of the year here is pleasant here, so I will survive. I have been on a creating hiatus lately. Trying to get my mojo back!
Thank you for posting your work!!

butterfly said...

You are always so busy .
Love all your stitching , you have some nice kits.
You go into winter and we are just going into Summer .
Have a lovely week .

Marilyn said...

All of your projects are so pretty.
We are just starting to go into Summer here, but the nights are still cold.
Marilyn

Elizabeth said...

You are working on some lovely projects Katrina. I had a sort out of my craft cupboard and craft room the other day and decided to start anew project. Lizzie Kate’s ABC Christmas. I am loving working on it. Her designs are great. Very wet and cold Sunday afternoon here in Matamata, heat pump is on, just finished lunch so cross stitch time it is

shirley flavell said...

A wonderful lot of crosstitching, love the flea market flowers design.Sometimes this bleak wet, cold weather is great to keep warm inside and stitch away.I have been stitching Lizzie Kates "christmas rules", great doing this but put it away every so often for something different to do.Have a great week Katrina.

LindaLee said...

It has been such a long time since I have stopped in, and I love your post. Beautiful stitching, and you always get me moving with my own stitching. I've been working on just one project for weeks now. It's a full coverage one and is a gift. Love your beautiful stitching as well. I would love to know a site where I could order some of the new scent that you mentioned. I use the essential oils often. Both in the house and in my she shed.
It's so good to stop in again. Have missed you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...