Monday, March 01, 2021

Friday Finishing #2

 So far my plans for finishing stitched projects from last year are going well. Each week I take a look in the little basket sitting on the shelf in my craft room/office and pull out something to "finish" when I get to my sewing machine on a Friday afternoon. 

My latest finished objects are:

Christmas Typography by Pine Mountain Designs - stitched on 32 count white Belfast linen using most of the recommended DMC threads. I purchased this chart as a PDF download from the Fat Quarter shop website. 



Made into a small ditty bag, this will be the perfect size for a small Christmas stitching project.



Next up, minus buttons and the hanger, is Spirit of Christmas, a red work stitchery by Natalie Bird, the Birdhouse Designs.

The pre-printed design panel came with the pattern and I used DMC 321 thread. 






I haven't done very much red work stitching lately but have a few designs all traced out ready to go when I feel like working on some.

Many thanks for stopping by - see you soon xx

6 comments:

Kay said...

I absolutely love the Christmas typography design and the fabric you choose to fully finish it matches so well. Another one for the list!

Marilyn said...

Beautiful work.
That bag is so pretty!
Marilyn

AC said...

Beautiful!
What a perfect fabric to finish the bag, it's like made for it!
Love from Sweden,
Anna

butterfly said...

Love the way you finished your Stitching and great matching of fabrics .

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Love both your finishes. Seeing your bag has made me realise that I could do something similar with some of my stitched pieces.

Jennifer said...

Great finishing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...