Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Christmas Gifts, Advent Swaps, New Stash & 2021 Plans

Catching up here continues today with some of the lovely goodies I received at Christmas from my stitching pals. 

These are the lovely gifts I received from Kath - we were able to have a quick catch up for morning tea just before Christmas which was wonderful.


Whoops, upside down - from work friends:

From Wendy, who popped by on Christmas morning


From Elizabeth, gorgeous stitching


This is the 2nd year I've participated in an Advent Swap with friends Clare and Val. These are so much fun, I collect small gifts for the ladies throughout the years or make things.

These are the gifts I received from Clare:







Received from Val:



I just love everything I received, such a fun swap. Sadly, I forgot to take photos this time of the gifts I gave the ladies, I will try better this year!

Some lovely new stash arrived in the post just before Christmas too, from 123 Stitch, my first stash order in a few months.  


I couldn't resist buying the PDF for the Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery Ho Ho Ho, so cute!




My new 2021 planner, purchased for $3 from Kmart,  is already in good use - I'm using this to track projects each month and also forward plan any gifts I'd like to make throughout the year.  I have a separate journal, also from Kmart, to record any new designs started and supplies used. 

As for stitching plans this year? I'd ready like to complete some unfinished projects, some of which I've been stitching on over my holiday break. I've planned out and kitted up the first of 2021's ornaments for family and friends, and bookmarked a few other crafts to try. Perhaps I might go back to sock knitting? I thought I might even do some dish cloth knitting, especially since I came across this idea, Year of the Dishcloths, which is being run by the Kitchen Sink shop. Each month a new pattern will be released, which is then free to download on Ravelry. The first pattern can be found here.

See you soon x
 

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

What beautiful, useful, cute gifts you received.
Enjoy them!
Marilyn

Elizabeth said...

What beautiful gifts you have received. Love the Spirit of Christmas patterns . Where did you buy them Katrina?

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

You received lovely gifts.
I like your selection of new patterns. I see a couple in there that I have put on my wish list :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...