Tuesday, October 20, 2020

The Smallest Things

One of my 2020 Stitch Maynia projects was this sweet little baby sampler design by Heart in Hand Needleart. This was also the stitching project I took with me to Christchurch back in July so I could have it all ready to go when my cousin's new baby was born.

I stitched the design on 32 count cream linen and used most of the recommended threads. 




I just love the little wooden buttons that came with the chart. The sparkly star was from my own button box.

I backed the stitching onto a piece of foam board with a layer of light pellon, then stitched the cream lacey trim around the outside before sticking onto the frame. 


And here is the little cherub himself, this little boy is so loved and cherished, we just love spending time with him and his parents too. 


See you soon x

7 comments:

loulee said...

What a handsome little man indeed. Enjoy your cuddles.

Lovely stitches.

butterfly said...

What a cutie .
Love your stitching and finish .
Enjoy your day.

linda said...

Aw bless him he's so cute, your cross stitch is lovely and beautifully framed enjoy the cuddles.x

Marilyn said...

What a cute Baby Sampler, & the Baby is too cute also.
Marilyn

Bethan said...

Such a lovely piece, and a lovely baby too! x

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I love that birth sampler. It makes me wish I had someone to stitch it for (not that I need more projects). Your nephew is definitely aware of what is happening around him.

Tammy said...

How sweet is that baby??!!! Too cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...