Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Christmas Cushions & Stitchmaynia?

These two lovely Christmas designs by Country Cottage Needleworks were two of my 2019 Stitchmaynia projects, Santa's List, and Merry and Bright and finished last year.

I had been debating how to finish both designs when Kimberly from the Fat Quarter Shop posted a tutorial, here, on how to turn a stitched piece into a pillow. Perfect!

I started putting these together ages ago then finished the cushions during the first week of lock down. I had to make some small pillows for inside using calico fabric.





For both of the stitched pieces I used 32 count vintage mocha belfast linen and mostly the recommended threads.

Are you participating in Stitchmaynia this year? I'm not 100% sure yet as I have several projects on the go already and haven't even thought about what I might like to stitch.  I've got several small designs that I didn't complete last year so might just add them to the list to work on during May. Decisions, decisions.

See you soon xx

3 comments:

butterfly said...

Lovely pillows love the designs and the material.
I have sorted my own stitching out this week .
I have a load of ones already started and kitted up some new so have a nice bag of 30 to dig into , so this will keep me happy for sometime , that's without my large stitch which I will be working on too.
Have a good week enjoy.

Marilyn said...

Cute pillows, love that fabric.
I won't be doing Stitchmaynia, I am working on WIPS.
Marilyn

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

You have two pretty finishes. Thank you for the link to the tutorial as I found it useful. I don't do Stitchmaynia as I'm uncomfortable with having too many projects on the go at once.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...