Friday, April 17, 2020

Another week gone by

Over the past week, I have continued to work from home, hubby has finished and started more DIY around the house and Hannah's new online schooling routine has started.  We have settled into our new "normal" daily routine, waiting with the rest of the country to see whether next week our level 4 lock down continues or we are able to move back to level 3.  

In the meantime, what else has been happening?

I snapped these pics when I was last at work, the last of our dahlias in our garden 



I celebrated my birthday on the 9th April, certainly not one to forget in a hurry!  I was surprised by my parents and a neighbour singing happy birthday at the end of the driveway, and this yummy cake -


So very grateful for all the lovely phone calls, texts and messages and promises of lunches together, coffee catch ups and dinner out once we have the ability to get out and about and meet up.

Fakeaways for dinner, homemade butter chicken, yum, my favourite.


It was also Easter weekend and our original plans had included hiring a holiday house with our friends in Taupo for five days, since the school holidays were meant to start on Good Friday.  This was obviously cancelled but we know we will get to do it again sometime. It was a very different Easter for us, no family gatherings or meals together, just the three of us in our bubble.

However the weather was perfect for being outside and we ticked some more jobs off the list, including barking some of our driveway side garden.



We ran out with this much to go but will get some more in when the garden centre re opens.


The new winter vege seedlings are in, I was lucky to get these as there'd been a mad rush on plants and seeds prior to the lock down.


The seeds I planted are well and truly through, cauli and cabbages


Our girl still enjoys her annual Easter egg hunt:




 Another annual Easter treat :


A few of our Easter decorations



A funny card we received from my MIL and FIL




For the first time in many years I didn't get any Easter stitching completed, I had several small projects kitted and one started, but didn't quite get there so I think I'll work on them over the coming months to put aside for next year.

See you soon xx

5 comments:

Kay said...

Happy Birthday, the cake looks wonderful. I think now we all take so much more pleasure from everything so it would have been extra special to see your family and have cake. The Easter cross stitch collection is lovely, I didn't get any done this year although I did finish a Christmas design in April. x

Marilyn said...

Happy belated Birthday.
Our Anniversary is April 9th!
When we got married, it was 30 degrees with 2" of snow on the ground!
Looks like you made useful time with the stay-at-home order.
Marilyn

Susan said...

I'm a slow stitcher, so I'm working on a design for 4th of July! I hope I'll be able to get it done by then :)

butterfly said...

Lovely photos ,Looks like you are all sorted with the lock down.
Nice Easter stitching in the basket .
Stay safe .

~Laurie~ said...

Hello again! One last comment - I promise I’m not a stalker. What are fakeaways? Also, enjoy your daughter enjoying Easter. I used to love our Easter hunts back in New England. I live in Texas now. And, my baby girl and youngest of 4 children, just turned 18. It really does fly by as “they” say!

Your stitch work is very beautiful to look at. You are very talented!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...