Friday, February 14, 2020

Christmas Club 2019 & Sock Knitting

One of the things I like to do at the beginning of each year is have a good sort through the photo files on my computer. I sort my photos out each month into monthly files and have several for crafts - knitting, stitching, sewing, etc as well as our family photos. This then makes it so much easier when it comes to organising our family photo books, which I get printed each year through Snapfish.  I also check that my Flickr photo account is updated as well. 

I always find photos that I've missed sharing here and today's post is all about the wonderful Christmas Club I signed up for from Nana Cindy, a NZ yarn dyer.  It was a mystery box so I had no clue what was going to be in there but it sounded like a lot of fun and it was a lovely treat before Christmas.

So in early December a small box arrived and it was filled to the brim with lots of lovely goodies:

Two skeins of gorgeous yarn


A cake glove, I'd never seen these before so was very intrigued by it


Very cute stitch markers


Caramel sauce and homemade room spray, smells divine!


A cute ornament for the tree


Other fun goodies including a small box of lollies and chocolates which Hannah soon claimed!


And lastly, the cutest project bag


What a fun filled box! 

Now incase you're wondering what a cake glove it, because I was too, it's to put your skein of yarn in once you've wound it into a "cake" to keep it neat and tidy, pretty clever huh?

Here's mine in action - over the summer break I started a new pair of socks using one of the skeins.


The pattern I'm using is the Shepherdess Socks by Tracie Millar, of the Grocery Girls.  Tracie has some wonderful sock patterns available, they are fun to knit and very easy to follow.  I just love the pops of neon colours against the pale grey colour.  I haven't done any sock knitting in ages so I've been really enjoying knitting this pattern. The first sock is nearly done as I'm nearly up to the toe part.

If you've been wanting to try sock knitting but have been hesitant to, don't be, there are plenty of videos and tutorials to get you started. They are a lot of fun!

See you soon x

3 comments:

Julie said...

What a wonderful box of surprise goodies Katrina - I would've been so delighted with all that too xx

Tammy said...

I do crochet, but not much knitting! I know the basics, but this year might try going a step further. All those goodies look wonderful!

Marilyn said...

What a beautiful box of treasures!
Those yarns are yummy!
Marilyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...