Monday, December 16, 2019

Advent Swapping

I had the happiest afternoon on Saturday, spending time with two of my dear friends, Kath and Clare. This year, for something different, we decided to have an Advent Swap. Back in January a list of suggested gifts was put together and then it was up to us how we interpreted the suggestions.

It was so much fun! I started collecting items back in January, also picked up things on my travels to Australia, and then spreading out the swap ideas throughout the year.  

Kath, Clare and I decided to have a pot luck lunch, which was delicious, and have an unwrapping session, so we could each see what the others got in their swap.





These are all the wonderful gifts I received from Clare:



This has coffee sachets in it :



What a neat idea!


A beautiful cushion:


From Kath:



For my scissors, I love this :


A little bag to match some of the other sewing accessories Kath has made me over the years:



I completely forgot to take photos of the gifts I put together before they were wrapped but both Clare and Kath have shared these on instagram - @clarebear610 and @kath_hintz. 

It was such a fun day together, lots of laughs and plans made for 2020's swap!  We're also going to have a few stitchalongs next year as well. 

See you soon xx

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Looks like some great goosies you received.
How fun!
Marilyn

Merilde said...

What a fun idea and lovely gifts. Happy Christmas and Merry New Year! Lori

butterfly said...

What fun , lovely gifts looks like you all had a great day.

loulee said...

Such wonderful gifts. It's always fun to swap with like minded people.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...