Friday, October 11, 2019

September Books

I managed to get through quite a few books during September so here's a round up:


The Betrayal by Kate Furnivall is set in the 1930's in Paris and WWII is on the brink of breaking out. This is the story of twin sisters, joined together by a secret. This kept me guessing right until the end, with lots of twists and turns.


The Dark Lake is by Australian author Sarah Bailey and is a psychological thriller about a detective investigating the murder of her high school rival. This is the first book in a series so I look forward to reading more by this author.


Good Girl, Bad Girl by Michael Robtham, is his latest book featuring a new character, Cyrus Haven, a police psychologist. I really enjoyed this book, fascinated with the characters and the mystery to solve.


Guardian of Lies by Kate Furnivall is another great read by this author filled with spies, intrigue, espionage and murder.


The Storyteller's Secret by Sejal Badani was my most recent Kindle read.  It has two timelines- Jaya, in the present day, who visits her grandparents' homeland of India and hears the story of her grandmother's past from a close household helper. A story of love, loyalty, and friendship.


What have you been reading lately?

2 comments:

butterfly said...

Looks like you read some great books I wish I had more time to read .
I love a good book.

Chris said...

Thank you for these book reviews I have reserved The Dark Lake from my library as I loved all of Jane Harpers and this is classed as being like hers set in Australia. I think I might buy the kindle one as I read a sample and liked it. And I 'm tempted to stitch a Christmassy xstitch but have to finish knitting a little boys jumper first. Loved reading back on your blog again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...