Friday, October 04, 2019

A New Start & Special Family Occasion

Once I finished a few of my Jolly July starts, I kitted up a new design that I've decided to stitch for santasundayxs and merrymondayxs, hashtags you can follow on Instagram.

This Christmas design caught my eye awhile ago and I was so pleased to see you could purchase the chart as a PDF and then download it, to start straight away.

Little Dove Designs can be found here


I'm using all the recommended DMC threads and my linen is 28 count China Pearl Jobelan, which is a very pale grey colour.


Week 1:


Week 2:



Last Sunday we headed up to Havelock North for the day to celebrate a special family occasion, Glenn's parents' recent 50th Wedding Anniversary. 

We had a delicious lunch at Piku, which we all enjoyed :








Then it was onto Birdwoods Gallery & Cafe for a visit to the old fashioned Lolly shop and gardens.










We ended our day out with a trip up to Te Mata Peak, for the best views of around Hawkes Bay. As it was a lovely day, there were lots of other people up there taking in the views.





It's the first week of the school holidays here, and earlier in the week I took a few days leave off work to spend with Hannah as she had her dancing exams. I am so proud of her, with all the extra practices and everything else she had on at school last term, she coped well and everything went fine with the exams.


This coming weekend we're off on a trip south to Palmerston North, for a few days away, visiting my cousin Donna and family.  Looking forward to some shopping too of course!

See you soon xx

3 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Katrina wow love the new stitchery and love the pic of Hannah as the cheeky monkey.
Happy anniversary to your parents in law,it hubby and my anniversary today 45 years.
What lovely pics of a wonderful trip ,hope your day is a good one my friend xx

Marilyn said...

What cute stitch, Little Dove has some cute designs.
Happy 50th to your In-laws.
Looks like a fun trip.
Marilyn

Kay said...

Little Doves are new to me but I went over to look at their website, they have some lovely designs which remind me a little of Lizzie Kate. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...