Friday, September 20, 2019

This & That

 The end of another week is here and as I don't have a lot of stitching, or any other crafting to share this week I thought I'd post about a few new arrivals and various happenings at our place.

At the end of last week I received a gorgeous, squishy parcel of yarn, from up the road, ha ha, in Napier from Skeinz. They have recently relocated and I couldn't resist checking out their relocation sale. I can't wait to go and visit their new shop, it looks wonderful, and to see all of the gorgeous NZ yarn they stock.





Most of this yarn is intended for gift knitting, including several How Quiet Hat and mitts sets. This lovely pattern is by Helen Stewart of Curious Handmade and is from the 2018 Knitvent series.


Cadbury released this limited edition chocolate last week and we gave it a try - pineapple lumps are a kiwi favourite. We gave it a thumbs up!


Miss H has been an extremely busy girl of late. She auditioned for her school's production show and was given a part in her class's version of Cinderella - Boogierella.  Hannah's whole school performed in the show, 335 children, and they did 3 shows for the community last week. A great time commitment for the teachers, helpers and children, it was a wonderful show, great music and lots of laughs, they all did so well.

Hannah also recently competed in her school's annual cross country race and because of her placing, she was then selected for the inter school cross country race, featuring students from other schools in our community.



It's nearing the time of the year for her dancing exams, they are at the end of the month, so Hannah had a full on weekend of mock exams for jazz, tap and ballet.


 

She absolutely loves her dancing classes this year.


This week, she was away on her school camp for three days, and all the kids had a blast - mud run, raft building, bush walks, toasting marshmellows. It sounds like they had an awesome time.


We've enjoyed some sunny spring weather this week and I have two vases of beautiful spring flowers on my desk at work - daffodils and freesias, so pretty and such a lovely scent.



 Last night my Mum and I, with one of our dear friends Linda, went along to see the Downton Abbey movie.


Being Downton Abbey fans from way back, the movie was so good. The costumes and jewellery were amazing, and we all enjoyed it. Are you a Downton Abbey fan?

See you soon xx


9 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Katrina oh what a lovely parcel to receive ,i love the colours of the wool,happy knitting.
Well done Hannah,boy she is growing up so fast,she is like my grandies and has lots going on.
Yes i am a Downton Abby fan ,glad you enjoyed the movie,i must go and see it,hope your day is a good one my friend xx

shirley flavell said...

Lovely yarn, the Quiet hat and Mitts are a lovely fast knit up, great pattern and wonderful for gift giving which is what I did with my knits of that pattern.Loved your spring flowers, they look so lovely.I saw the Downton Abby movie, loved it to bits also the series. Have a great week. Hugs.

Maggie said...

Hannah is growing up so fast! It sounds like she enjoys all she is involved in, good for her!
the yarn is lovely, and I love that hat and mitt pattern.

I haven't got round to seeing the Downton movie yet, everyone says how good it is though so I must make time.

Marilyn said...

That yarn looks gorgeous!
Congrats to Hannah on her achievements.
Very pretty flowers.
Marilyn

رامز المثاليه said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
رامز المثاليه said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Helleyclaire said...

Have just found your blog (thanks to you being mentioned in world of cross stitching magazine)!

I too live in central/rural Hawke’s bay and look forward to catching up (and then keeping up) with your blog

Thanks
Helen

Bethan said...

Wow Hannah has been busy! Good luck to her in her exams! My brother brings us chocolate pineapple chunks when he visits from NZ - I agree that they are very tasty! I am totally a Downton Abbey fan - still yet to see the movie x

Chris said...

What beautiful yarn, lovely colours and hasn't Hannah grown, hope her dancing Exams went well.. and yes I enjoyed Downton too, here in our small Suffolk town we have very nice cinema.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...