Thursday, August 08, 2019

July Books

Here's a wrap up of the books I read throughout July:

City of Girls by Elizabeth Gilbert was my holiday read and I loved this book. Set in the 1940's, City of Girls is the story of Vivian, a college drop out, who is sent to live with her aunt in New York City and help with her struggling theatre. She is thrown into a world of show girls, dancers, musicians who lead riotous lives. But then a scandal derails her fun and sends her live into a spiral. Another book I couldn't put down. 


A Dream of Italy by Nicky Pellegrino, my favourite New Zealand author, is a delightful story about a set of strangers given the opportunity to buy a house in a small town in Italy for one euro. Of course, things are not straight forward, family secrets are revealed and there's an element of romance too.



The Button Box by Dilly Court was lent to me by my cousin Donna - she is an avid reader too and every time we catch up she has one or two books put aside for me.

Set in Victorian London, the Button Box is the story of Clara, her sisters and how she tries to better their lives. This is my first book by this author and I really enjoyed it.  I loved all the characters and twists and turns right to the end.



This week I've started reading Past Tense by Lee Child, #23 in the Jack Reacher series and I also have a book started on my Kindle, the Storyteller's Secret by Sejal Bedani, which I'm enjoying so far.

What have you been reading lately?

See you soon x

1 comment:

butterfly said...

Love Dilly Court books ,I have a big list of them to read so far I have read about 5 of them .
Enjoy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...