Thursday, August 01, 2019

Jolly July Wrap Up

The 1st of August has arrived and dare I say it, there almost feels like a touch of spring in the air and I've noticed it's already staying lighter for a bit longer in the evenings.

Today I thought I'd wrap up my stitching from throughout July. I participated in Jolly July, a stitch along organised by Kimberly from the Fat Quarter Shop, and Priscilla and Chelsea. They had this great idea to get a head start on their ornament stitching, picking 31 ornament starts for the month.

31 new starts would have sent me over the edge, especially since I already have quite a few wips left over from Stitch Maynia, so I found about 15 ornaments I wanted to work on and these were kitted ready to go for the 1st July.

Over the past few weeks, I finished five ornaments and have several more started. 









I also worked on two Stitch Maynia projects, Santa's List and Merry and Bright both by Country Cottage Needleworks.  I guess I'll have to have a "finishing" session some time soon.

Over the weekend I sorted through all my current wips and put together a list of what I'm going to stitch on during August. I've also got a list of some charts I'd really like to stitch and finish before the end of the year, a few gifts as well and the last of the Friends Stitching Circle club projects, a lovely little Blackbird Designs kit,  will be added in there too. 

See you soon x

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Looks like great collection of ornaments.
Marilyn

Andrea said...

It looks like a great holiday was had by all, lots of fun and laughter.

Your Jolly July pieces are lovely. You have a head start on some beautiful ornaments.

Looking forward to seeing what you have chosen to stitch in August.

Have a good weekend.

Kathy said...

Wow they look great...I used to do cross stitch all the time years ago however my eyesight isn't what it used to be and raising kids. Love the Christmas themes. Regards Kathy, Brisbane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...