Friday, August 16, 2019

Blackbird Designs Wips & a new kit

This month I've been trying to get a bit of stitching done on some of my Stitchmaynia & Jolly July starts and I have actually finished several of these so I'll share some pics soon. I have a bit of "finishing" in my future!  

I've also pulled out a couple of wips to stitch on including two of my Blackbird Designs projects:

Merrily Merrily We Welcome Spring - I'm using the recommended threads and fabric, 36 count Oaken linen by Picture this Plus.





Hear the Crickets Sing - also using the recommended threads and fabric, 36 count Ale by Picture this Plus


I'm also hoping to make a start on this gorgeous little kit, which was the last kit in the Silver Needle's Friends Stitching Circle Club.


These pretty handmade pins were the extra gift that came with the kit.


Some fun stitching to work on!

Also, just a mention, that it's now only a week away to the annual Knit August Nights, a Yarn & Stitch Retreat, which is held in Napier.  My friends and I just love going to the public Yarn Market, this year its on Sunday 25th August, at East Pier, Ahuriri. I'm so looking forward to seeing all the wonderful yarn and accessories for sale, I believe there's going to be over 25 stall holders from around New Zealand, including several New Zealand knitwear designers with their patterns and samples. Some of the traders I like to check out include Bleating Art Yarns, Yarnfloozy, Vintage Purls, and Truly Myrtle, and many more lovely goodies.

See you soon xx

4 comments:

butterfly said...

Great stitching and WIPs .
Enjoy your day out with friends what could be better.
Love your new stitching pack and those lovely pins.

Marilyn said...

Great Blackbird designs.
That Sampler is so gorgeous on Oaken.
Marilyn

Kay said...

I really like to see the designs close up, the colours of the Spring Blackbird designs piece look so much prettier than on the actual pattern. I have often been tempted to buy a design just because of having it seen it done. x

Kim said...

Such pretty stitching to be seen here; such a beautiful sampler. Have a wonderful time at the retreat. I am quite certain you will have the best time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...