Tuesday, August 13, 2019

A project bag for a project bag!

While browsing Pinterest recently, I went down a "rabbit hole" of vinyl project bags, ha ha, and came across a You Tube video for a  different clear vinyl project bag by Lorrie Nunemaker and here is the result!



I will be popping this away into my gift box for a friend later in the year but for now so you can see the size of the bag, I'm storing a new cross stitch project in there.





I've had this lovely pattern ever since it first came out several years ago, it's a collaboration between Hands on Design and SewMuch2Luv.  I was recently reminded of it when I watched the Fat Quarter Shop's weekly Floss tube video. Kimberly had stitched the design, using her own thread colours, and made a project bag.  You can see it in this video.

I've planned a red and black project bag so I'm using DMC 321, 414 and B5200 for the thread colours, and my fabric is a piece of Lugana that I had in my stash forever - it's a light blue and grey colour.

A fun stitch so far! See you soon xx


4 comments:

butterfly said...

What a great bag , love the chart and your new start .
Enjoy your day hugs June.

Maggie said...

Thanks for the link to the bag tutorial, I might just have a go at that one :-)

I watched the FQS video recently which showed Kimberly's finish on this design, I did like her changes.

loulee said...

Nice wee bag. Nice cross stitch too.

Marilyn said...

A really different style of project bag, but so cute.
Marilyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...