Thursday, April 04, 2019

March Round Up - Books, TV, Movies and more

Now that April is here, I thought I'd have a look back at some of the goings on around here during March.

We had our last weekend stay at the beach early in the month and what a contrast in the temperature compared to our last stay there back in February - quite chilly overnight and then first thing in the morning, and there was definitely no way I was going in the water this time! A very enjoyable time with our family and friends and I'm sad to think our next visit will be in early 2020.


We celebrated a very special family occasion on the 7th March - my lovely niece Zoe turned 18. Wow, how did that happen so quickly?? Because she had been quite unwell prior to her birthday, her celebrations were very low key with a family dinner at her favourite local restaurant.


Zoe with her longtime boyfriend Dylan.


Nannie and Grandad with their girls.



Our Boxing Day sales purchase finally arrived in early March too, a new lounge suite. We are so pleased with it and how well it matches our newly purchased blinds and curtains.


Another room in our house renovation project was finished during March, with the plumber coming in to finish the work needed to connect up our new laundry sink and the new washing machine. Oh how happy I am to have a working sink in the laundry again.  Photos to come!

No, it wasn't wacky hair day at school - Miss H just modelling a new hair style for us, lol.



She has us in fits of laughter the things she comes up with!


A yummy recipe that I've now made several times is this banana and chocolate chip loaf.  The recipe is by Vanya of VJ Cooks and she is one of my favourite Kiwi foodie bloggers to follow.  Vanya is also on Instagram, vj_cooks,  and she shares lots of easy and delicious family meal recipes.


Last week I was in Palmerston North for the day for work so I got to catch up with two of my favourite people, my cousin Donna and Aunty Dorrie.


Although it was just a quick catch up, it was just wonderful to see them both. My Aunty recently shaved her hair off for Shave for a Cure, collecting sponsorship to donate for the cause, what a wonderful thing to do.

Reading

Did you read anything interesting last month? I managed to get four awesome books finished during March:





Next weekend the annual charity Bookarama sale is on so I'm looking forward to popping along to see if I can find anything to add to my reading pile for the winter months - there's quite a stack there already including to a couple of books bought late last year that I've still got to get to.

Watching:

Married at First Sight Australia- this is the first season Glenn and I have watched and we have been sucked right in watching it every time it's on. Only a week to go now and then we are looking forward to a new series of Dancing with the Stars New Zealand.

On Netflix - Homeland Series 7 (halfway through), Designated Survivor Series 2 (just finished), the Order (2 episodes in) and I'm looking forward to the 2nd series of the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina coming soon. I've also been catching up on a couple of seasons of Scandal. A couple of other Netflix series I've enjoyed watching are Line of Duty and Shetland.

Movies - I've been to see several movies lately. Hannah and I enjoyed Dumbo last weekend and last night I finally made it along to see Captain Marvel. Although I haven't seen all the Avengers and other Marvel movies, I'm looking forward to the Avengers- End Game coming soon.  Hannah and I also watching a rerun of the Harry Potter movies on Friday evenings, this week is the Deathly Hollows Part 1. I couldn't tell you how many times I've watched these over the years!



I'll finish this post with a couple of photos I took from our front deck early one morning last week. Wow, the sky was amazing, it only lasted for a few minutes and then it was gone but just incredible the colours and how quickly it changed.

There's definitely an autumn feel in the air here now and Daylight Savings finishes for us this coming weekend, clocks go back an hour.

As always, thank you for all the kind and encouraging messages you leave for me here.

See you soon xxx


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you enjoyed the Lilac Girls, check out both books by Kate Quinn - The Alice network and her new book The Huntress. Both were great reads!

butterfly said...

Beautiful sunsets ,and lovely fun family photos .
Have a happy day.

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

the weather is definitely changing. On Sunday I wore a sundress, and today I'm in trousers, boots, and a woollen jumper. And I've had to turn the heater on in my home office! It's sad to think you won't be back at the beach until next year.

Andrea said...

Can't believe Zoe is 18, she has grown into a lovely young lady. Wonderful family photos too.
Those sunsets are incredible.

ricketyjo said...

Sweet photos, I love the one with all the hair bobbles in, I think my daughter has even more than that (but much shorter hair!). I've also made banana loaf this week... I could have put choc chips in it if I hadn't forgotten about them sitting there in the cupboard. Have you got 'The Umbrella Academy' on Netflix? We just binge watched that one, it was really excellent, and also 'Russian Doll' was pretty good too. Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Tammy said...

Your pics are great, what a lovely family you have! I watch Sabrina too and I love it! Kiernan Shipka is just perfection! We are in Spring here and readying for summer. So cool to hear you talking about Autumn ....

Chris said...

Loved reading all about you and your family and Zoe 18 wow, where did those years go to as I have followed your blog for a while. I loved married at First Sight too, very daring young people I don't think I could do it.

شركة المثالي سوبر said...

شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
شركة دهانات بأبها
افضل شركة ترميم وتشطيب المنازل بالجنوب
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالدمام


LindaLee said...

What a great post. Loaded with so much news and fun things. Love the new hair style that your daughter came up with! LOL. I love keeping in touch with you and reading your fun blogs. Have a blessed week. LindaLee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...