Friday, March 01, 2019

All the Projects Round Up

How did it get to be the 1st March so quickly! February certainly well and truly whizzed on by. Already there's an autumn change in the air here, earlier this week we had a major drop in temperature and we went from using the cooling fan to having the heater on lol.  The mornings are much crisper now too but the days are lovely and sunny, I love this time of the year.

This weekend we are off to the beach for our last stay before next summer, that always makes me feel sad. We've had some happy times there this summer, with our family and friends.  

With the cooler weather, I've been stitching and knitting a lot more this week than previous weeks. I decided to get a few stitches done on the Merrily Merrily We Welcome Spring sampler by Blackbird Designs. I hadn't touched this since before Christmas. 


I'm using the recommended fabric and threads. This might take me awhile!

I also finally finished knitting the first sock of my Cha Cha Chevron socks. Started way back in September when I went on holiday to Fiji, these also haven't been worked on in awhile. 



Last weekend I also started a new baby blanket for one of my cousins having her first baby in a few months.

This is the Jasper Blanket by Linda Whaley, and the yarn I'm using is by the Wool Company, a 100% NZ wool, double knit.


I also helped my sewing buddies make some vinyl project bags. 


We followed the Floss Tube tutorial by Calico's Cross stitching, and had so many laughs together, especially when two of us cut our fabric wrong - using directional fabric can be a bit tricky lol. 

See you soon xx

7 comments:

Julie said...

I always love what you create Katrina - every thing is always so beautiful! Yes its cooler here too but not ready for the heater just yet. I love this time of year too.

MartinaM said...

I really like the beginning of the sampler. Especially the fabric you have chosen. And your socks - a great pattern and nice wool.
Very nice your project bags, I should also sew again a new one.
Have a nice Weekend, Martina

butterfly said...

Love your new stitch , and your knitting .
Happy Autumn we are just going into Spring here .

Kay said...

The colours on the Blackbird designs picture are so pretty, I love a close up photo as it shows them better. x

Marilyn said...

Merrily is beautiful.
Love those socks!
Did anything catch your eye in the market previews?
Marilyn

Andrea said...

Wonderful projects. Love the BBD and the knitting pieces. You're going to have to kit up another 3 projects for those great new bags.
Have a good weekend.

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

All of your projects are so pretty....I love your Socks....they are a very pretty color and I love the design of them too.

Happy Stitching - Happy Knitting
Linda K, Buttercup

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...