Monday, November 26, 2018

This Weekend

This weekend was probably our last free weekend before the "silly season" starts so I made the most of it and ticked a few things off my to do list.

First up, some more vinyl project bags. I had cut these out last weekend so it was just a matter of sitting at the sewing machine and sewing the afternoon away. I love this easy design, I watched this video by Calico. These are quite addictive! 



I also made our Christmas cake:



Now all wrapped up and hidden away until I ice it the week of Christmas with brandy icing.  I was so tempted to cut a piece off!! I'm the only one that eats Christmas cake at our house so it will be shared with my parents and a friend.


Kath gifted this lovely With Thy Needle pattern to me last Christmas and I've finally made a small start for this week's #santasundayxs,  the fabric is Weeks Dye Works 36ct Twilight linen.



Lastly, I'm a big fan of Jane Harper, an Australian author, and this is her latest book.  This kept me guessing right until the end, and I couldn't put it down. I think this is my favourite of her books so far.


See you soon xx

7 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVED "The Lost Man" too and boy what an ending - i didn't see that coming!

Unknown said...

ah ^^- that's me Kimberley (Creative Chaos) - signed in under university account!

Maggie said...

Those project bags are lovely, thanks for the link to the tutorial.
I'm the only one who likes Christmas cake her too so I don't make one anymore as
I would probably eat it all, lol

Marilyn said...

Great winter project, and the project bags are all so pretty.
That cake looks delicious!
Marilyn

Kay said...

Great project bags, I really should make some as I tend to just stuff mine into plastic bags. That is a really pretty Christmas design, I like the darker fabric to make it stand out. x

butterfly said...

Yummy cake , and lots of lovely project bags.

Andrea said...

Wonderful project bags. Your Christmas cake looks fabulous, not so keen on the icing but mmmmmm to the rest of it. Great new chart and stash too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...