Monday, August 06, 2018

Red Work

At the end of last week, I pulled out a couple of finished Christmas stitchery pieces that I completed one or maybe two years ago now?  Both designs are by Gail Pan and I have made them both into simple wall hangings. 










I haven't pulled out any red work at all this year and I have really missed not having a project on the go.  So I soon found a pattern and prepared my fabric, then traced out the design and got it underway over the weekend. There's just something about stitchery work that I really enjoy, very relaxing and easy to pick up and put down. They make great travel/holiday projects too. I'll have a progress pic to share soon!

See you soon x

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

They are gorgeous Katrina, seeing these is making me want to do some redwork. I have two patterns on order but maybe I can find a small design to do.

butterfly said...

Love your red work , lovely finish .

Bethan said...

They are gorgeous. I look forward to seeing what you make next! x

Marilyn said...

Your Redwork pieces are so pretty.
Marilyn

The Crafting Tortuga said...

Both of those pieces look great! I have a redwork book from the library that I want to get started on this week. Thanks for the inspiration!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Very pretty work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...