Friday, July 20, 2018

Two Finishes to Share


The end of another week has rolled around again and this week we've been treated to some winter sun - frosty and chilly to start the day but then a day of sunshine. 


Great for the second week of the school holidays, which Hannah has been enjoying to wind down after a full on term of school and extra activities. She's spent time with my niece, friends and been into work with me a few days. Glenn and I haven't had any time off work over this school break, we're saving our leave for a bit later in the year for our annual family holiday, more about that another time!

Anyways, I'm certainly on a roll with Christmas ornaments, with this one stitched and finished last week.  I love the colours in this, and it's reminded me how much I'm going to miss not having any new Lizzie Kate's Christmas designs this year. 

This little design is from Lizzie Kate's # 171 Seasons chart.



I used some Lynette Anderson fabric for the backing and this will be travelling off  to a special friend later in the year.


I recently finished my latest socks and they were just waiting for a wash and the blocking.


All the details:

Pattern: Drippity Drop Socks by Kay F Jones
Yarn: Hollyhock by Knitcola 
Needle Size: 2.25mm
Size: M




It was certainly interesting seeing how this yarn knitted up!  I do love this pattern and will be knitting this design again soon.

See you soon xx

10 comments:

Kay said...

Such a pretty Christmas finish, you have a lucky friend. The socks are sweet. I don't knit at all but every time I see handmade socks I am a tiny bit jealous. x

butterfly said...

Lovely ornament .
Love the socks and great colour.

Marilyn said...

The LK is too cute, and the socks are beautiful.
Love the Winter pic, so peaceful.
Marilyn

Mary said...

THe LK stitch is so sweet and your backing fabric is perfect for it!! Love the socks, the colors are fabulous!

Vickie said...

Such a cute ornament with the perfect backing fabric. Love the socks!

Chris said...

Very pretty xstitch and love the socks. We are in the middle of a heat wave here so your cool photo looked very inviting. I have just made some new patio cushions and signed up for a Sew and So SAL which I am enjoying.

Andrea said...

A cute ornament, love the backing fabric. The socks are great too!

Julie said...

You'll need to celebrate a midwinter Christmas so you can decorate with all your new decorations.

Justine said...

I love your LK ornament, such a sweet finish. I've stitched Spring and Summer from the same booklet. They're so cute aren't they?
Lovely socks too, the yarn looks like it was fun to knit.

Bethan said...

Such a beautiful ornament. I love the colours of your socks! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...