Thursday, July 12, 2018

Shawl Knitting

Last year when I went to KAN (Knit August Nights) the Knitting Retreat & Festival held yearly in Napier, I purchased a skein of Yarnfloozy yarn, called New Jeans, a gorgeous blue with a stellina (metallic) sparkle.  Not sure what I was going to make with it, I stopped by to see Libby from Truly Myrtle, and because I'm new to shawl knitting, Libby suggested her Settler pattern, nothing too complicated :)

All winter I've been wanting to cast it on but needed to finish some socks first, finally last week I made a start.  Of course a new knitting project needs a new project bag right?  I had a pattern in mind too, recently purchased from Sandra of the Cherry Heart blog, the Stocky Sock Bag.



The fabric I used was given to me several years ago by Kath, and is from Minick & Simpson's Prairie Paisley II range.



The perfect little bag for a one skein project, I'll definitely making more of these soon!

See you soon xx

5 comments:

loulee said...

Cute wee baggie! And that yarn colour..... YUM!

butterfly said...

Lovely little bag ,and great knitting.

Marilyn said...

That's very pretty yarn for a shawl.
The bag is cute, love the fabric.
Marilyn

Bethan said...

Such a beautiful bag, and it coordinates really well with your gorgeous wool x

Meg said...

I love your project bag! I have several project bags, with little project in each one, so that if I'm off somewhere I can just pick one up and take it with me. Great for working on something while I wait for my son to finish cricket or piano practice! Meg:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...