Friday, November 24, 2017

This Week

Another week has rolled around and what a busy one it's been.

I've been trying to squeeze in more finishing of my 2017 Christmas gifts. Most years I've worked throughout the year on the finishing side of things but due to our extensive house renovations over the past few months, I've had no space to sit at my sewing machine  until recently. I've just loved working on the items I've made for family and friends and sorry, most of these won't be shown until Christmas :)


Hannah just loves having her face painted and over the past month, she's had it done about three times! My Mum has recently finished working on Saturdays after many years and now she has a free day, she has been taking Hannah to all the fairs and garden expos on around our town.


I haven't been to see a movie for ages and last Saturday Mum, my MIL Heather and I went along to our local movie theatre.

We didn't see this one


but Murder on the Orient Express, which we thoroughly enjoyed - great cast, scenery and costumes.


I've had several of my latest reserves come in at the library so trying to get through a few of these as I've got a pile of books ready for the summer holidays.



I haven't read any Marian Keyes books in quite a few years and this didn't disappoint. This would be a perfect beach read.

Next up, I've been looking forward to Jane Harper's next novel as her first one, The Dry, was my favourite read of 2016. 


Today at Hannah's school is Wacky Hair day, raising funds for new audio equipment for the school hall.



It's a bit hard to tell from the light in our kitchen early this morning, but half of Hannah's hair was sprayed silver, the other half gold. Good fun!

Have a wonderful weekend xxxx

8 comments:

Kay said...

I really like the reindeer fabric in the top picture, I would make some lovely gift bags with it. x

Marilyn said...

Looks like some great finishing supplies.
Love the Reindeer fabric!
Thanks for the movie review, I really want to see that one.
Marilyn

butterfly said...

Lovely stash for your finishes , look forward to seeing them .

Maggee said...

Oh I can see the two hair colors! Awesome... Love Hannah's facepaint... My oldest daughter is a professional Face Painter. She is so talented, I am always in awe at the finishes! And so quick too! I look forward to seeing the finished stitches--those are pretty fabrics and embellishments! And one thing that popped out at me--it costs you to get Library books?? Wow! I never thought that libraries aren't free everywhere! Thanks for sharing! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Big fun, that wacky hair of your daughter :-) And also so lovely that you went to watch a movie. It's been a very long time for me too, now I think about that. And you already make me curious about the Christmaspresents you've been making :-)

Mary said...

What great finishing supplies, looking forward to seeing how you embellish your stitches. Great fun on Hannah's face paint and hairdo!

Meg said...

I like the reindeer fabric and can't wait to see what you are making with it. I have been stitching little red felt doves for my boy's teachers' gifts this year. It's lovely to make handmade things. Meg:)

Tammy said...

Your stash looks so fun! Hannah is adorable. I really want to see Bad Moms Christmas, lol.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...