Friday, February 17, 2017

Sock Knitting


I finally finished this pair of socks, which I started way back in November last year. Quite a bit of these were knitted while we were on holiday at Taupo. and then at the beach earlier in January.  These were made for one of my auntie's 60th birthday and she was thrilled with them. She couldn't quite fathom how I'd used 5 knitting needles to make them, lol. 

Details:

Pattern:Vanilla Latte Sock (free pattern)
Yarn: Drops Fabel 159 Red Chili
Needles: 2.5mm
Size: M

Late last year I lost one of my Knit Pro zing double pointed needles down the side of the couch, never to be seen again, boo hoo, so I placed an order for a new set as well as a couple of other sets to add to my collection. I ordered these through Vintage Purls, based in Dunedin, and they were here in a couple of days. I have some gorgeous Vintage Purls hand dyed yarn which I bought last year, you can check out the lovely yarn here.


I've got some more socks underway, using some Opal sock yarn, I just love the colours and how the pattern is forming.


This is some of my sock knitting yarn, all ready for the year ahead. Most of these are Drops Fabel and also a couple of Opal sock yarns.



See you soon x

7 comments:

Kimberley said...

LOVE! I'm so slow with sock knitting at the moment - barely one in 2 months! I love both Dorps and Opal sock wool - very reasonably priced. Vintage Purls is divine - I've a small collection...

local alien said...

Love the colours in those wools. They are going to make fabulous socks!

Bethan said...

Amazing socks! I love all your wools for upcoming socks too; very colourful! x

gracie said...

Love love the color of the socks. Thank you for the link to the pattern. I enjoy knitting socks and they always feel so good on my feet.

Christina said...

What a gorgeous idea for a gift - I do love a new pair of socks - especially hand knitted!

shirley flavell said...

Love your socks and all your wool. I enjoy making socks and giving as gifts. Those Zing needles are super to knit with. I am waiting for some Chiaogoo circulars to knit with to see what they are like. So far Zing does it for me. If you have yarn left over from all your sock knitting there is a beautiful sock yarn blanket pattern available for using those left overs. I am going to start it very soon. There is also "yarn swaps" for this. Check Ravelry. It is a multi coloured blanket done in squares with a diagonal line through the centre.Have a great weekend. Having quite a bit of rain here in the Waikato, gardens looking good again:)

Marie said...

So gorgeous! Little wonder that your aunt was tickled with them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...