Friday, October 14, 2016

Cupcake Blanket

Back in early May I purchased an Attic 24 Cupcake blanket yarn pack from the Wool Warehouse in the UK. This was the first time I'd purchased any wool from there and I was very impressed with how quickly it arrived here to New Zealand. Cost wise, the Stylecraft wool worked out to be less than $4 NZ per 100 gram ball so it was very economical for the 15 balls.

I just loved all the colours and the yarn was so lovely and soft to work with.



I worked on the blanket on and off again over the winter months, a couple of rows each week. I didn't complete the whole entire 90 "rows" suggested in the patterns, that's two rows of each colour, as I could see by "row" 75 I was getting a bit low in most of the colours. I think it was row 78 I stopped at to begin the five border rows.




As you can see, it's a single bed size and looks wonderful in Hannah's bedroom.


She just loves it, and thinks it's super soft and squishy!


Now I'm very tempted to order another one of the Attic 24 yarn packs, but perhaps for next winter since our summer is on its way.

8 comments:

Marilyn said...

This is so pretty.
The colors are nice and it looks so soft.
I think Hannah loves it. :)
Marilyn

Julie said...

Very pretty and feminine - it would have been huge if you had made it to full size.

Maggie said...

Oh it looks lovely :-) and just perfect on Hannah's bed

Terri said...

Those colors are pretty and your finish is gorgeous!

Bethan said...

I love this! Amazing colours. I use this yarn and it's great

Summer said...

The blanket is incredibly gorgeous♥ Nice colours♥

Justine said...

Gorgeous! Love the colours. Lucky Hannah!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

That is lovely 💖

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...