Monday, July 21, 2014

A Book Post

Over this winter I've read several good books which I'd thought I'd share today:

The White Princess by Philippa Gregory, #5 in the Cousin's War series - I was reading this as the White Queen series started on TV. #6 is due out this year. 


Recommended by brother in law, I am Pilgrim would be the best book I've read this year so far.


Before We Met, a suspense thriller, and bit of a nail biter waiting to see what would happen next.



Buried Angels, #8 in this Swedish thriller series, by one of my favourite writers, Camilla Lackberg. I have enjoyed all the books in this series and this was no exception. Can't wait for the next book now.


And borrowed from the library this weekend:



What have you read lately and enjoyed?

5 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

I just started Before We Met. I'm only about 20 pages in but am glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Rai Rai's Stitches said...

I want to read the Phillipa Gregory books. I loved the mini series, The White Queen.

I want to read the entire series.

If you search for the White Queen on youtube, there is a really interesting documentary about the true White Queen, Elizabeth. It's really fascinating!

Angela said...

We have very similar taste in books! I enjoyed The White Queen and Before We Met but I have never read a Camilla Lackberg but she is on my TBR pile. I am very curious about the book I am Pilgrim now :)

Have you read James Rollins? He is currently my favorite :) Bloodline is one of the best books I have read this year!

Julie said...

I love the Phillipa Gregory series. Hopefully I will get to see the mini series - is it on peasant TV?

Anonymous said...

The White Queen was one of my favourite BBC mini series, I will have to look out for the books you mentioned at my local library, I love historical fiction.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...