Friday, March 14, 2014

Family Beach Weekend

Forty minutes drive away from home is this gorgeous beach and last weekend we stayed there with my family.  It was my niece Zoe's 13th birthday on Friday, gee, that makes me feel old!


A red velvet birthday cake to celebrate complete with 13 sparkly candles! 


We stayed on my Dad's friends' farm, only a few minutes walk down to the beach.


Hannah had so much fun, making sandcastles and seaweed creations all afternoon.


Enjoying the sea air and sunshine - we were all so tired out Saturday night it was early nights for everyone!







We've already planned the next beach weekend, and booked some time out there during next summer!

Enjoy your weekend!

10 comments:

Bev said...

your pictures are lovely so picturesque x

Elizabeth said...

What a wonderful spot. How is your kitchen? Looks like it is going to be a weekend for indoor jobs

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Beautiful photos Katrina! My favourite is of the stockyards - how cool is that almost on the beach!
I grew up in Wairoa and my Uncles farm went down to the coast too and we used to walk over the hills out the back of the farm with views of the sea - it was too far in a day for our little legs then!
Hannah will never forget that adventure - such special memories!
Have a good weekend - we're waiting for Cyclone Lucy!!
Hugs
Shane

Wendy said...

It looks like a wonderful place to stay and your photos of Wellington in the previous post are gorgeous too!

Thoeria said...

Beautiful pics! I miss the seaside!

Natasha said...

What a beautiful spot!!! I am happy you all had such a relaxing and fun time. The beach is the best medicine :)

Andrea said...

It looks a beautiful place. Wonderful photos.

Lesleyanne said...

Gorgeous photos.

Jeanne said...

oh my, it looks wonderful! So soothing, wish I was lying there right now!

Carol said...

Fun to look at beachy pics whilst we are buried under snow here ... lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...