Sunday, January 06, 2013

From a Friend

Hello friends

Hannah and I are heading away tomorrow for a few days with my Mum and Zoe for a "Girls" trip which we are all so looking forward to.  Sadly, Glenn has to go back to work tomorrow, but he's very pleased with all the holiday jobs he's managed to get done, and quite a bit of relaxation of course :) 

I've started a new stitching project take with me but I'm sure there's not going to be much time for stitching with all the things we've got planned to do!  I spent a few hours the other day tidying away some fabrics, and patterns and threads, and also kitted up some new patterns ready to go, a few small designs to stitch over the next few weeks as well as the first of the 2013 ornaments.

One of the crafting endeavours I really enjoyed last year was the redwork stitcheries I completed so I'm hoping to get some more stitched this year, including making a start on my own 'Tis the Season quilt by Natalie Bird.

I was thrilled the other day when Kath gave me a belated Christmas gift, this sweet wall hanging, which is from Natalie Bird's Red Home book.


It's now hanging in our office where I can see it as I sit here typing away.

See you soon - I'll be back at the end of the week with a few snaps from our break away.

Until then, take care,
Katrina xx

10 comments:

Jennifer M. said...

Such a lovely redwork design! It is very cheerful. Enjoy your weekend away. :)

Jen

Lavendelhaus said...

Nice Quilt.
Bianca

Lesleyanne said...

A lovely gift from Kath. Have a great trip.

Carol said...

Such a beautiful gift! Enjoy!

Karoline said...

Gorgeous gift, have a great time away

Solstitches said...

What a lovely gift. The wall hanging is gorgeous.
I have Tis the Season on the way to me and am looking forward to stitching it this year.
Enjoy your trip.

Margaret

♥ Nia said...

Lovely embroidery :)
Enjoy your trip!!! hugs&smiles

Elizabeth said...

Have been thinking of your been away with Hannah and her cousin and of course your Mum. Have to say I envy you, how I wish my dear mother was still here so that we could spend precious time together. Treasure every moment Katrina, I know you will. At least I can and do think of the happy times I did share with Mum

Lynn said...

Sweet gift!
Enjoy your girls' trip and safe travels!

Anne S said...

Enjoy your time away - Kath's gift is gorgeous :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...