Thursday, December 16, 2010

A is for Angel

I have a very special friend in my life and her name is Kath. Kath and I met via the internet many years ago now through the Yarntree message board and at the time, we were both amazed to find another fellow kiwi crossstitcher. Over the years, I used to go and visit Kath and her family during my holidays, and they would in turn visit with us, and we'd email most days. Then nearly three years ago now, Kath came to live in my hometown. Some weeks we don't see each other much but we try and catch up when we can, even if its for a quick cuppa after work.

A few months ago Kath moved into her newly built home, which is just so wonderful, and at the time I'd planned to stitch Kath a housewarming gift. I didn't quite make it with that idea, but I knew that I'd have time to stitch something for Kath's birthday which was earlier this month. I had the perfect pattern and kit, A is for Angel by the Sweetheart Tree - I'd bought this awhile ago with intentions of stitching it for Kath someday.

I've always loved the Sweetheart Tree patterns so this was a real pleasure to stitch and frame for my dear friend.




A is for Angel by the Sweetheart Tree
fabric and thread supplied in kit

I had fun putting together a few other gifts for Kath too - a pinking rotary cutter, St Noel pattern by With Thy Needle and Thread, a fat quarter of fabric and a Soup recipe book as Kath makes the most yummiest soups :)

I've now only 3 1/2 days of work left for the year and I can honestly say I'm counting down the hours. This week has been a little less crazy than last week, which is good for easing into holiday mode :) This year I have off from the 22nd December through until the 17th January. Glenn is also off from the 23rd until the 10th January so lots of family time for us with Hannah relaxing around the house, spending time with family and friends and generally having a good break.

I have a bit of catching up to do with my emails and sharing pics of some Christmas treats that have arrived recently in the mail as we've just had three days with no landline or internet, what a pain that's been, but at least its all fixed now :)
~Katrina~

9 comments:

Natalia said...

Your friend is going to love the beautiful gift you made for her.. that is so generous of you.

Vicky said...

What a lovely gift. Happy Holidays to you and your family, enjoy your time off.

Deb said...

I bet Kath loves that, Katrina. What a lovely piece. Such a fabulous friendship the 2 of you have. Enjoy your break. I am off around that time time. Roll on holidays!!

Meadows08 said...

What a lovely gift. I'm sure your friend loved it!

I have the same kit and have never seen it stitched up. It's very pretty.

Unknown said...

And yes, I love it. I even know where I am going to hang this little beauty. I have has intentions of blogging, it just has not happening for me at the moment. I will get to a big update to show you all the other wonderful goodies I received for my birthday.
Katrina, the internet has bought us together, and our friendship is special.

Jenny said...

Katrina, this looks exquisite! I love the frame you chose, too, the colours match perfectly. Your friend will love it (how neat that such a wonderful friendship grew after your paths crossed online!) I love those Sweetheart Tree designs, too. I have the 'B is for Bunny' one in my huge pile of stash that I want to do for Easter (maybe next year?) I think it was you that inspired me to buy that pattern/kit as I think you might have stitched it up at some point?

Lynn said...

I'm sure your friend was thrilled. This is a beautiful piece!

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

That is beautiful, Katrina! Congratulations on your finish!

Lisa said...

What a beautiful finish Katrina, I'm sure Kath will treasure it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...