Tuesday, May 02, 2006

An Update

Hi folks, apologies for not being around much over the past week or so, its been a bit crazy around here. So I've got lots of blog and BB's catching up to do. At the end of last week I was out of town for a work conference for two days, which left me feeling rather drained :) Glenn's dad hasn't been too well either and spent a few days in hospital for tests. He's home now, not 100% but at least he's home.

I spent most of the recent weekend finishing and ornamentifying all my recent finishes for my stitching groups annual exhibition this coming weekend, and any other spare time was spent organising accounts, etc for our business in order to get them off to the accountant. Work itself has been rather full on too- with our bi-annual service contract up for renewal I've been preparing our service proposal and budgets this past week.

I've got some happy dances to share :) First up, a confession to the Needleroll SAL ladies, I decided to go ahead and finish the Blueberry Roll even though the next SAL isn't until next weekend - I'm sure no one will mind, lol.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'm already looking forward to our next SAL weekend and have decided to stitch the Sweetheart Tree's Strawberry Patch roll. What's everyone else going to work on?

Next up is Drawn Thread's Spot of Spring, which has been my Thursday project for the past few weeks, all stitched and finished into a little pillow

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Stitched on 36ct cream Edinborough linen.

Here's Spot of Summer, all made up too

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I was going to start Summer into Autumn this Thursday, especially after seeing Isabelle's lovely recent finish, but instead I've decided to start Twelve Houses - I spotted a model of this one at Heirlooms last weekend which has tempted me more than Summer into Autumn, lol.

The next few days are going to be full on as we get everything organised for the exhibition which opens on Friday and runs through until Sunday. I'll be sure to take lots of photos to share with you after the weekend as we've got some beautiful work on display this year, and guess what, we have some yummy fabrics from Linda at Countrystitch to fondle over the weekend too, lol.

I think thats me for today, if I get some spare time tomorrow I'll post some wip pics of LHN's Coffee Menu and another recent start, Lizzie Kate's Baby Sampler which I'm stitching as a gift for a cousin's new baby.

Enjoy your day :)

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear Cliff is home.

Loved the needleroll - and you stitched this one for me many moons ago too.

Good luck for the exhibition, know it will be a great success for you.

Hope the proposal turns out well too.

Anonymous said...

Your needleroll looks lovely...I will be still working on Violet needleroll next weekend. Good luck with the exhibition.

Cindy said...

Congrats on your finishes...they are wonderful :)

Lisa said...

You rascal! LOL Well, I was a good girl and I will be working on my sheep sampler. (I am literally subduing a giggle as I type this). The Blueberry NR is beautiful, btw, as your NRs always are.

Rowyn said...

You have some beautiful finishes their. Hope FIL is feeling better soon.

Kitty Couture said...

Your needleroll finish is great, Katrina! And I just love how you finished the DT "Spots" into pillows - so cute! :)

I'm sure you'll stitch Summer into Autumn some day, you are such a fast and efficient stitcher ;)

Good luck with all the paper work and have lots of fun at the exhibition! :)

Unknown said...

Love your stitching finishes.

Karoline said...

Your finishes are gorgeous, congratulations

Andrea said...

You couldn't resist could you?!! The NR looks wonderful, I'm looking forward to seeing how the Strawberry patch one looks, clourwise etc. I think I'm going to stitch....Folk Heart Roll - Shepherds Bush, add a bit of colour to my basket instead of white/cream fabric.:)
The DT ones look great too, I am partial to a DT one myself!!

Litla Skvís said...

Your finishes are great! I think the Blueberry Needleroll is my favorite though. Such gorgeous colors in it!

Carol said...

Your finishes look fantastic, as always :-) 12 Houses is one of DT's best! I will love watching your progress :-)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Katrina as usual beautiful finishes. Good luck with your exhibit... mine is at the end of the month!

Von said...

Katrina, your finishes are so so sweet!
Wishing your dfil a complete and speedy recovery. :)

Cathy B said...

Your finishes are awesome Katrina!

Running Kiwi said...

Nice to see you Katrina ... I think it must be a busy time in NZ :)

Your finishes are lovely, as usual! I hope your exhibition goes well this weekend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...