Wednesday, July 13, 2005

SBQ

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

6th July's: Do you think that you stitch neater on Evenweave than you do on Aidacloth? If so, why?

Oh definately, and to be honest, I can't even recall the last time I stitched on aida fabric - its not my favourite of fabrics to use. I have even been trying to convert some of the ladies in my local stitching group to switch to linen or evenweave but with no success - "Its too small" or "Its too hard on my eyes" are the general replies I get from them, lol.

11th July's: What do you do when you have some sort of obligation stitching to do, but don't want to do it?

This question is quite relevant for me this week as I've just been asked to stitch a baby sampler for a friend's new grand daughter. My friend has asked if I could stitch one from the animal baby series by Ellen Maurer- Stroh as in the past few years I have stitched at least a dozen others for her grandchildren and great nieces and nephews. You can see some of these here.

I don't mind at all stitching for others as I explain to them before I start that I will still be working on my own projects and it could take awhile to be done. At the moment, because I have several wips that are over the half way mark that I'd like to get finished soon, I've decided I won't start the baby sampler until at least Emmy is done and maybe Celtic Band Sampler too. I'll have to be disciplined and set aside one night per week for it, lol. At least they are generally a quick stitch.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...